1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Jewellery Making :Bead Jewelry

Discussion in 'Jewellery Making' started by bipasha, Dec 20, 2007.

1. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    The library where I am volunteering holds various programs for adults every month.This month there was learning how to make bead jewelry.I registered myself for the class .We didnt have to take any materials .Everything was provided by them.

It was amazing.I never knew making my own jewelry was so easy!!!!! I love it.
    They exhibited all the beads and we had to choose our own beads and make whatever jewelry we want to .I made two earings and a necklace.
    I liked it so much that now I want to make it as my new hobby.I am getting the materials from Micheals/Dollar shop(they are quite cheap and easily available).I also calculated the cost of making them.I found out that with 20-25$ I can make 3-4 pairs of earrings.
    I am also looking for websites that are giving training on learning this .I have uploaded pics of what I have made.
    If anyone knows this art please let me know.I would be very much interested to know more!!!

Bipasha

Attached Files:

2 people like this.

2. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Real nice ones B...

I don't know if the store is still there or not (franchise) but "Beadazzled" used to conduct regular bead\jewellery making classes.

3. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

4. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Beautiful pieces, Bipasha. :clap:clap:clap:clap

5. santasekar

santasekar Senior IL'ite

Hi Bipasha

Nice work. :hatsoff How long did it take for u to make them?

Even i'm searching for designs as my sister is also learning this art in India .Can u please let me know if u come across some nice sites with designs .

regards
    santasekar

6. vijiputhucode

vijiputhucode Silver IL'ite

hi bipasha
    the jewellery made by u are excellent
    even in india it is the craze now
    i do make bead jewellery but i cant upload photos due to technical reasons

7. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi Folks!!!
    Thanks to all for your replies.I am really looking forward to learn more.

Viji and Nivedi-Thank you for appreciating my work..I am just a beginner :))

Blondie-The website is very useful and informative.I can always order materials online.Thanks!!!!

Santasekar-It took me two hours to make a necklace and two pairs of earrings..it can be done even more quickly once I learn it well.I have a magazine called BEADS they ahve the website details.I'll let you know if any designs are available in the website.May be I could mail you some designs from the book.

Bipasha

8. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

Hi Bipasha ,

ur work is excellent

prabha

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Bipasha,
    your pieces are so good. Nowadays, Chennai is teeming with constume jewellery classes and materials. And they are available in very cheap prices also. If you are coming over or have someone here, you can ask them to pick up some for you.
    But, they are all pucca Indian style ones, not the type of what you have made.

10. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I agree with you that the kinds of beads available here are not available there in India....but if you see the picture..I have put some silver findings/caps in between the beads...They are very expensive here....in India those are easily available I dont think that the beads are made here..they must be imported from somewhere...like China may be some from India also...because each bead costs a dollar
    Thanks Prabha With all your appreciation I am more and more inclined towards learning it more

Bipasha