1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Jewellery Exhibition in U.S.

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by shubhavasudevan, Jul 11, 2006.

1. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies

can somone tell me abt the jewellery exhibiton held in various cities in U.S.every year. I have heard abt it and want to visit one this year. How are they what are the best items to buy etc. If somone can give their ideas and opinions that will be very helpful.

Thanking you in advance.
    regards
    shubha.

2. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

HI shuba

I have gone to Gems Exhibition, they had got various kinds of precious and semi precious stones, no gold though..if i remembr right. I got some corals from there to india 3 years back. My mom showed it our to our jeweller there and he said it was definitely of a superior quality. The gems exhibition came around Feb-Mar time in King of Prussia where i stayed earlier, and they were reasonable also.. some $6 per string of corals or something like that!

Hope this helps...

Purnima

3. shubhavasudevan

Jewellery exhibition

Hi purnima
    thanks for the prompt reply. I also heard abt the corals and jade and you get fairly cheaper ones though they are of good quality.

Thank you for the info.
    regards
    shubha.

4. ggvenu

ggvenu New IL'ite

Gem show

Hi,

I have bought lots of these corals, jades, pearls and other semi-precious stones over the past years. I have taken it to India and set them in gold and was told that they are of very good quality. You may find the details of such gem shows at this site " intergem.net" . There are some shops in US which sells the same thing for much higher price than in the show. One of that is "marisint.com" . Even though the price is higher, the quality is very good here and the person is a Tamilian and gives good advice on what to buy and what is not so good.

Hope this helps.

Girija

5. shubhavasudevan

Dear Girija

Thank you very much for your useful and informative reply. I wanted to know from people before i plan my trip and got good feedbacks. Many have said that the quality of these gems are good. i

It is very kind of you to also give the website. I will surely visit that site and learn more abt the same. Once again thanks a lot.

With warm regards
    shubha.

6. priyas

priyas New IL'ite

Hi all
    Im visiting virginia in a couple of days for the long weekend like 16th of May08and I would like to know the intergem shows in that area.I found out that they are having a show in the Dulles expo center.I would like to know more details about the shows regarding price range and what kind of gemstones will be available.Bcos I dont know anything about it.Anykind of feed back is appreciated.Thanks.