1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jeeva - Tamil Hero of a different genre

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Nandhita, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Nandhita

Nandhita New IL'ite

Hi ILites,

While I enjoy watching films of many tamil film heroes, this guy Jeeva is certainly, fresh and different. I have watched many of his movies from 'Ram' to 'Eee'. In fact, you need lots of self belief to do a film like Ram as first movie. His subsequent movies too have shown him has a hero of substance, not into formula films, the regular action, masala, action - comedy etc. Well, one reason may be that he has his fathers backing (his father is RB chowdry of Super Good films), but so do many heros whose fathers are producers, financiers, directors, ex-heros etc. But this guy is truly different and pleasing.

I didn't watch his latest 'katradhu tamil' and 'rameshwaram', but from the clippings and trailers I can understand that this guy has chosen to
    'take the road not taken,
    and that has made all the difference'

Any comments?

Regards,
    Nandhita

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Nandhita,
    I think you are very right when you talk about Jeeva. I liked many of his movies, Ram, Thithikudhe, Dishum. He tries to take up very different roles and not all of them are accepted by the audience.
    Now with the guy being married maybe his fortunes will change. Having married the woman he loves should make his career scale dizzy heights.
    He works hard on his roles which is sure to take him far.

3. Nandhita

Nandhita New IL'ite

Yes Janani, He works so hard on his roles and tries to make his movies meaningful to the society, while not burning a hole in the producer's pocket. That's a nice balance he's trying to strike. I think as time goes by, he will gain a lot more acceptance.

I appreciate very much the fact that, in most of his movies there are attempts to point to a social malaise, or do something for a section of the society, like the plight of stuntmen in 'dishum', poor people used for testing medicines in 'ee', the plight of refugees in 'rameshwaram' etc. He not only focuses on his heroism. He tries to merge with the story, highlight the issue and at the same time stay prominent. Over time he will be more successful, I think.

And can you update me on his marriage bit. Who is he married to? Any interesting news about it?

Regards,
    Nandhita

4. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Nandhita,
    He is married to Kalpana his childhood sweetheart. The receptionor wedding If i remember right was on Dec 12. She looks cute. Check Sify for details.