1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jabbing Needles Into A Child’s Eyes – The Other Side : Varalotti In The US 10

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Oct 10, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gayathri,

Yes, New York does have trains. There are some even in California. Of course Chicago has them.

But the quality and reliability of train and bus services leaves much to be desired. Unlike in Europe where the cream of the population loves to travel in the train, here, only the bottom 20% can use the train, especially in a place like New York.

Seattle is a beautiful place and if they had a good public transport system they can take about 40000 cars off the road. But they dont want to. It could be either mere lethargy or lobbying by automobile companies.

Another thing that hurts me is their casual approach towards marriage and family relationships. Not that Indian marriages are more successful than the American marriage. But at least there they do not leave the child in the lurch. Imagine the mind of a 12 year old girl whose parents have divorced. She is forced to live with her mother and stepfather. Abusing stepchildren is quite common.

Gayathri, I have posted the final episode of this series, Varalotti In The US. Please visit this thread.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/14069-time-take-leave-good-bye.html

regards,

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    though such incidents are very rare in India, we cannot say that it does not happen here. But one thing which gets us is our conscience and the fear of God and that of swargam and naragam and also paavam punyam carried over to the next janma. We fear our Manasakshi more and believe that we will reap what we sow.

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varloo,

I was not very keen to write about the negative aspects here. When we see somebody else, some other country, we should only focus on the positive. But then I thought that having a glance at the otherside might balance the picture and help us avoid those things.

I believe that two countries are not comparable in as much two persons are not. We can only say what country is more suitable for us to live, given our tastes, preferences, priorities and ambitions.

While I love my ow country and is not likely to leave it for a million dollars a year job in the US, I also love US, its massive infrastructure, its systems, the fierce independence of the people and a host of other features.

thanks for your post, Varloo.

regards,