1. Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Ivf Information Needed

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by gouricocktail, Sep 9, 2017.

1. gouricocktail

gouricocktail Bronze IL'ite

Hello ILs,

With failed clomids, failed multiple IUIs and failed TTC naturally, we have decided to go for an IVF route.
    I got my periods and Dr. told me to start taking birth control pills for 10 days and then call us when you get your periods? I have no other information. Dr. seems to busy and noone else at the clinic is telling me an entire process.
    I need to plan my personal time. Please tell me what happens next ? when the egg retrieval happen? When does PGS testing happen (I opted for this testing because Dr. said you should - in my case - not sure why - anyway my question is not about if I should do PGS or not)? How long does it take? When does implantation happen ?

I am unable to understand anything. I need approximate timelines or steps . Please help.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom Platinum IL'ite

The doctor and your clinic should be giving you all this information. The doctor may be busy but a nurse should give you a printout of your protocol with the doses of medications, etc. You are going to be paying a lot of money and investing a lot emotionally. Insist on having all this information before you proceed.
    Depending on your protocol. you may be on brith control pills for up to 3 weeks, injections to stimulate egg growth for 7-12 days, egg retrieval after that, 5-6 days for embryos to grow, then they will biopsy embryos for PGS and freeze them. It can take up to 2 weeks to get the PGS results. Then you will be scheduled for a frozen embryo transfer.
    The PGS place had a person who explained the process.
    If you are not doing PGS, you can have a fresh transfer which will be day 5/6 after egg retrieval.
    But if it was me I would not proceed until I received all the answers to my satisfaction, before starting. Everyones protocol is different so the advice given here may not apply in your case.