IUI: Queries & suggestions!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, May 13, 2008.

1. div123

div123 New IL'ite

Re: iui and period problem help pls

hi,
    I was reading a few posts in this thread. Seems like the same problem i was facing. All i can tell u from my journey of infertility is, that short cycles may be caused bcos of fertility drugs. Clomid thinned my lining which lead to lighter periods. Clomid may also increase estrogen and hence imbalance harmones a little. So peridos use to come for 24 days when i was on clomid.
    Good luck to u all ladies.
    Me still ttc with a break on all treatments.
    :thumbsup

2. star10

star10 New IL'ite

today i went to the doctor,she told me because of clomid i may have etrogen imbalancethus leads to breast pain. she prescribed vitamin b6 and evening primroseoil. otherthan that everything looks normal ie utres ,breast scanning. may be i should wait for my next cycle and i will update it here.

thank u for your valuable suggestions.
    star10:)

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Princy,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum.
    You can find our forum guideliens here...

I don't know whether consuming clomid will cause this difference in periods.... I am taking clomid for 3 cycles, in past took it for 5 months.... Both times, it didn't get very small cycles. Its still 25+ days based on my ovulation date!
    Try to calm yourself for a cycle & divert your mind in other activities. Stress may cause this disturbance... relax.... If you have confusion, try to have a second opinion from a gynec!
    Baby dust to you...

Hi Star,
    Good... Lets see how your next cycle goes...
    Baby dust to you!

4. anishka

anishka New IL'ite

Breast soreness is mainly bcos of Progrestrone and not bcos of estrogen. After ovulation your body starts preparing for the implantation and this is mainly done by progrestrone. Thats why most of us have breast soreness and more pain during iui cycles bcos more follicles are induced so body prepares for multiple implantations. If its not an successful cycle preogestrone level starts reducing and pain goes after periods but if it was an sucessful cycle pain continues till progrestrone transfers its job to hcg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  5. rajaakshmi

rajaakshmi New IL'ite

Infertility

I am 38 years old married for the past five years.I went in for infertility treatment for three years and had 4 unsuccessful iuis.My gynec had a lap test of my utereus and said things are normal and there are no blocks in the tubes. The only problem is my follicles dont grow properly and stimulants were given. Yet I failed to conceive. Now she says I must go for IVF.Due to all the medications my cycle has become irregular. What can I do?

6. Vidhya Mohan

Vidhya Mohan Senior IL'ite

Re: Infertility

Hi rajaakshmi,
    I think its better to follow your gynec's advise since age is also a factor in TTC(This is not to discourage you sorry if i had..)

But usually i think doctors prefer IUI for 6 cycles.. if you have second thoughts consult one more gynec also..

All the best...Baby Dust to you!!!!!!!!!!

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Infertility

Hi Rajaakshmi,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum.
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

What kind of protocol your gynec is following for your IUI?
    Since your age is bit high, hormones must have to be in out of balance. Did they checked it? Worked on it?

Don't loose hope...
    Baby dust to you..

8. rajaakshmi

rajaakshmi New IL'ite

fertility conception

Hi All After reading the posts of the members I feel there are lots of friends to share my woes.Reading encouraging posts really gives me confidence. I have a doubt which has not been cleared. If there is no periods even after 35 days and incase we indulge in sex will it harm conception or result in abortion? Is it ok to have sex till pregnancy is confirmed by the doc or a card test?

9. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Re: fertility conception

rajaakshmi,

It is better to avoid IC before doing a HPT/HCG to detect pregnancy.

10. priyasuresh11

priyasuresh11 Senior IL'ite

Re: fertility conception

Ya.Better you do the test.