its very urgent

Discussion in 'Indians in New Zealand' started by komalavb, Aug 11, 2012.

1. komalavb

komalavb New IL'ite

Plz reply me for last thread, it's very urgent, what are the facilities available in rented apt, and is Indian channels available in Auckland plz plz reply me

2. snigdha0610

snigdha0610 New IL'ite

Hi Komala, even am new to Auckland from bangalore:) will give u the details as far as i know. there are two types furnished apartmts and non furnished aprmts. i would suggest u to first move into a furnished apartment, settle down and if u want better houses then hunt for one. even the furnished houses it depends. basic thngs that are provided in all the furnished houses are TV, dining table chairs, sofa, some utensils like pan, coffee mugs, microwave dishes and bowls. just get a cooker and sme basic utensils. everything else u get here. pls let me knw if u want to know abt anythg in specific.

3. komalavb

komalavb New IL'ite

Thank you very much snigdha , one more information I want, Indian
    channels (like sony, starplus, zee etc) available in new Zealand, and what about the gas connection., what type of connection is
    There lpg or electric cook top, plz reply me

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  4. snigdha0610

snigdha0610 New IL'ite

Hi Komala u as far s i know u can get starplus installed by paying seperatley for that channel. Reg cooking it is an electric cooktop. so if u wana get sme utensils make sure u get flat bottomed ones.

5. sasirekhaolety

sasirekhaolety New IL'ite

ya...i'm also new to newzealand...we also first preferred furnished apartments so that they r provided with tv,fridge,oven and all...i'm frm wellington...majorly electric cook tops are used here

6. coolmistic12

coolmistic12 New IL'ite

Hi Komala!

We are in NZ for a year and half now. First we moved in a fully furnished apartment as they are well furnished with bed and all basic things but do get yourself, grinder, cooker and other basic utensils as they are available but are very expensive here. Yes you can get various tv channels by having vision asia installed as they have just indian channels. Are you just couples or kids. As apartments are much better for couples but if you have kids then it is ok to move in the apartment but once you are settled it is better to move to a unit as the kids will have space to play around. Hope the reply helps you. If you want any other information let me know.

7. jive

jive Junior IL'ite

I have friends who have Sun tv and couple of other regional channels too. But you need to pay for extra dish then. Star plus is included in local cable connection for few extra bucks.