1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Its Valentine time again!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Devika Menon, Jan 27, 2008.

1. sindukarthik

sindukarthik New IL'ite

Hi

I got married only 4 months back. This is our first valentine. He has watches, perfumes. I wanted to gift something which he can use for years, so that he remembers long- it is our first valentine gift from me… Can anyone suggest me what will be the best gift??

sindhu

2. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

My hubby too doesn't really believe in Valentine's day,last year was my first one and after reminding him like 100 times, he got me a card from Target and we didn't even go out that day...but i shopped for 4 hrs the previous day and brought him a Card, chocolates and a perfume. But still this time I'm planning to do something special by taking off that day without his knowledge....hopefully he shall enjoy it this time at least
    -Priya

3. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

My hubby also says that he loves me 365 days then why v day. he doesnt belive it. This time it is our 6 th vday but only once he bought roses for me. My marriage anniversari is on 15 th feb. So i always get one combine gift. And about going out for
    dinner he is always ready when ever i say i want to go out but he never iniciates. I always give him 2 gifts one for v day and other for anniversary and he likes that too :)
    So i think its me who thinks about to celebrate this day. he joins me but no enthu.
    now i m used to it.
    Its good to hear from you friends about your plannings.
    enjoy

4. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi,,

Wishing you a very lovely first Valentine. It gives me a sense of deja vu as I write to you, about my first one.
    Just wanted to suggest, maybe you could try a silver photoframe holding a very romantic photo of the two of you, This could hold a place of pride at your home.Its ethnic , stylish and longlasting and which will be seen daily to remind you of this mushy event.Or if he is a gold person you could try some acccessories.

Whatever you gift him, I wish you guys have a blast.

Tons of Regards,
    Devika

5. sindukarthik

sindukarthik New IL'ite

Thank you devika for your wishes. I will try to buy something he likes and will let u know later.

have a great valentine.

sindhu

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Aarushi I do the sme thing I plan everything and then tell him we have to do all these things today:queen.............I even go and buy a gift for myself and even for him:biggrin2:
    and you know something this year my son has a Valentine:banana:bananaI was so surprised but really happy for that.
    I might be the crazy mombonkwho is happy seeing my son going out on valentine day...........Big Laugh

7. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hey Aruna,

That is just sooo sweet! :) I bet he's all excited...:-D

Hope all of you have a wonderful Valentine's day!!:)

love,
    Aarushi

8. ridgemma

ridgemma Gold IL'ite

hmm, timely post

This is our 3rd valentine together. We got engaged on the day after valentine (15 Feb), so there's two-to-tango :rotflOn our 1st valentine (feb 2006), we met in Bombay airport travelling togethre to chennai for our engagement. I had a card and perfume for him. He was waiting with a bunch of roses.We exchanged gifts and held hands. A couple next to us wished us good will !!!. At Chennai airport, the scene changed. My family members came with balloons, sweets, garlands to welcome the groom-to-be.We were a bit embarrassed with the rapt attention we got, but it was jolly well.

By our next valentine(Feb 2007), we were married . But this time, I was in chennai.He was in Mumbai. But he made me feel special by sending roses, cards, cake and teddy.

Haa, this time, we are lucky, together. I am so fond of soft toys. He gifted me a bouquet, teddy(life size) and chocolates. I gave him a card, roses, tshirt, key chain which has rice engraved with our names. He was taken by surprise, when I took him to his long awaited "dine at tallest restaurant in the city". We spoke more, ate less, returned home late.More than anything I loved the quality time we spent witheach other.Weekdays are so mechanical and laden with daily routine, we hardly get any time together.

I also hear people saying, this day is fully commercialized, biz trick to sell toys, chocos, cards. But if one day can strengthen a year filled with sweet memories that u can reminsce for a lifetime, no harm in commercializing it. Infact I feel, this is a "positive healthy commercialization". Bowthat too in a period when quick divorces are on the rise.Giving and receving gift on this day really has a special, electrifying, effect.The occasion adds more charm to the gift.

I might sound dreamy, but people who have similar expereince will be able to appreciate it better.:cheers.

Wht say,ppl ??:yes:

Luv

Ridge

9. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hey Ridge,

So good to hear that you had such a wonderful day!! :)

I agree with you that even if you have a happy and loving marital relationship otherwise, it always feels nice to be showered with gifts and flowers and to celebrate your love for each other once in a while. Valentine's day is a very nice excuse to do just this...and also make lots of nice memories in the process...

V day might be commercialized today but tell me which festival isn't today...even our weddings, temple rituals...everywhere you go its commercialized...but we still go to the temple because of our devotion even though we know that the priest there is more interested in the chadawa...:biggrin2:

Anyways, in the US, its more of a family celebration time...everybody tries to wear red that day (even in office)..schools, day cares have teacher appreciation week...our baby made us a sweet V day card...and we helped her make one for her teacher...for taking such good care of her the rest of the year...they had different activities all through the week...quite a lot of fun really...:) my boss gave all of us (reporting to her) a box of chocolates...*yum yum*

Both my hubby and me had busy working schedules yesterday but got together for lunch at a near by cafe (not a great romantic place but hey we were together..that's what counts..:) )..he gave me a white gold chain with a heart shaped pendant that had pink sapphires on it...lovely...and I gave him a cologne and after shave gift set...he was feeling bad that he wasn't able to buy me flowers (since he didnt get a lot of time in hurrying to meet me)..but I told him that he can buy me a single rose on the weekend..when the prices are down and also because then I can concentrate on a single rose from him rather than a whole bunch...he he:-D

We had a candle light dinner at home last weekend and I think we'll do something similar next weekend too..its so much fun...we might watch a hindi movie too with some popcorn and samosas on the side...:-D and of course my cake that I will bake for him...:)

Would love to hear how others spend the day also...

love,
    Aarushi

10. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi All

It was great to read what all you did on valentine's day. Though I never ever had a chance to be wished on Valentine, But it really relished enjoying your experience, I was smiling to myself. Why shouldn't I if my friends(The Ilites) who have showered so much love, care and support are happy and having fun, it makes me happy too.

As a mother, I am just dreaming that my duaghter will also have such experiences some day. What Say ? Ameen

Love to all of you
    Ansh