1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Its urgent

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by kinnu, Dec 5, 2008.

1. kinnu

kinnu New IL'ite

Hi every one,My sil had breast cancer so i had been to her place as she was undergoing surgery & her 1 whole breast was removed i was with her in the hospital .there was no complications except for severe pain.already 25days r over. now she is under going chemotherpy.Trouble started after chemotherapy.she is been continously vomiting & not eating since 3 days Doctors r givin medicines & ingections but she is in very critical state.May b chemo th had some reaction in her.Iam very stressed as iam not aware of the therapy & its sideeffect.This site has becom my friend whenevr i feel stressed i read the threads & my problems r solved. there r very good friends here who without any expectations stand by u & give good options.I salute them.Now friends, if anyone can make me aware of this therapy,its sideeffects,types , in qyality , how its priced where we can get the best etc i wll realy b grtful.its urgent .please friends help me as i cannot see my sil suffering like this.

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

3. anu_vishnu

anu_vishnu New IL'ite

chemotheraphy and its sideeffects

hi,.
    This is anu,dnt worry about your inlaw ,she will be recover soon.here some details abt chemotheraphy.
    Chemotherapy is a kind of treatment that uses drugs to attack cancer cells. It is called a "systemic treatment" since the drug, entering through the blood stream, travels throughout the body and kills cancer cells at their sites. The drugs may rarely be intended to have a local effect, but in most cases, the intention is to destroy cancer cells wherever they may exist in the body.
    Chemotherapeutic drugs are chemically designed to target cells that are dividing and growing rapidly. Once they reach the cancer cells, they act to retard their growth, eventually resulting in their destruction.
    Chemotherapy may be given at home, in a clinic or in a hospital. The frequency of chemotherapy can be daily, weekly, monthly or an on-off schedule depending on the type of drug, the body’s response and the type of cancer. The chemotherapy is decided on the basis of the type of cancer. The dosage is calculated on the basis of the patient’s body weight and the drug’s toxicity.
    Chemotherapy is a kind of treatment that uses drugs to attack cancer cells. It is called a "systemic treatment" since the drug, entering through the blood stream, travels throughout the body and kills cancer cells at their sites. The drugs may rarely be intended to have a local effect, but in most cases, the intention is to destroy cancer cells wherever they may exist in the body.
    Chemotherapeutic drugs are chemically designed to target cells that are dividing and growing rapidly. Once they reach the cancer cells, they act to retard their growth, eventually resulting in their destruction.
    Chemotherapy may be given at home, in a clinic or in a hospital. The frequency of chemotherapy can be daily, weekly, monthly or an on-off schedule depending on the type of drug, the body’s response and the type of cancer. The chemotherapy is decided on the basis of the type of cancer. The dosage is calculated on the basis of the patient’s body weight and the drug’s toxicity.

4. anu_vishnu

anu_vishnu New IL'ite

chemotheraphy and its sideeffects

hi,
    dnt worry she will recover soon.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi kinnu,

when she has somebody who loves her so much she is definitely going to come out of it fast .

Did your doctor, not explain the side effects of chemotherapy before the treatment started...then you would have been prepared...so let us understand what it does to a person ....

Though some are given drugs, injections, the effects and reactions vary with the drug and also person.

the drug enters the blood, attacks the dividing cells, which spread the cancer.. thus killing the malignant cells which if left untreated would go and affect the other parts of the body..

the side effects are many..it effects the places where the cells are prone to grow fast like our digestive system, hair, skin..

vomitting and nausea start immediately after the treatment starts in most cases...
    the others hair loss, loss of weight, no apetite..

so be strong for her..and understand that though this looks horrible, she is also healing...

Pray that she recovers fast...take care..

6. kinnu

kinnu New IL'ite

Hi,every one,thanx Priya,Anu,& Shanti for infomation .Still hav a doubt.Is there any good qlty chemotherapy drugs which is not available in India we get abroad & dosnt hav any side effect & It is very expensive compared to what we get here.If anyone r aware of it Please let me know.