Its Farewell time for the great "Wall" Rahul Dravid !!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cinderella06, Mar 9, 2012.

1. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Rahul Dravid bid adieu to Test match (already to one day) so we gonna miss Dravid in Indian team (he is playing for 20-20). As a player of the "Gentleman's Game" he proved himself as a real Gentleman throughout his career....He gave us many great moments to cherish about our country..as a real allrounder (batsman,bowler,wicketkeeper..to the top of that he also led the team as Captain in few matches)
    He holds the world record for most number of catches in Test match...

We wish our Hero to be part our team india in future too
    MISS YOU RAHUL DRAVID but at the same time hats off to you :hatsoff:hatsoff:hatsoff

1 person likes this.

2. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

I will post a detailed Fb later.

My DH is busy weeping seeing at the news channel!!!!!!!!!!!!!(he is an ardent fan of Dravid).

3. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Will miss seeing him around... What a team player - was ready to go in at any place - right from opening the innings to going in at No:6! Do whatever the team demands - wicket-keeping, captaining! Play long hours of test cricket to draw a match! Amazing sportsman, who showed that the team and playing for the country is what it comes down to!

Will miss seeing you in whites, Dravid :-(

1 person likes this.
  4. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

An incredibly gifted player! Can't say what I admire most...his tenacity and doggedness at the crease or his simple and non-flashy life off the field. Sure will miss him...is the master blaster going to follow suit soon? Remains to be seen...sigh.

5. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Ah no! I want the master blaster to remain longer (in fact wanted dravid to remain longer too), and would have been more than happy to see the wristy Hyderabadi go soon (though he has been a match-winner), he is not getting better with age!

1 person likes this.
  6. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

I am one of those fan who cherished dravid killing the opponents with his own WALL tactics. He is one of the finest and chiseled gentleman ever seen in the cricketing arena. Just listen to those speeches(farewell and speech in australia). He maintained professionalism throughout his career. What i liked in his farewell speech was

"My approach to cricket has been reasonably simple: it was about giving everything to the team, it was about playing with dignity, and it was about upholding the spirit of the game. I hope I have done some of that. I have failed at times, but I have never stopped trying. It is why I leave with sadness but also with pride."

We Miss u jammy and wall. I am still feeling the uneasiness at work ever since i watched the farewell speech on new channel.. Hope i recover soon..

7. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Cinderella06ji,

Thank u for starting this thread...

1 person likes this.
  8. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Dravid is a fantastic player and a perfect gentleman. I love his cool playing. We miss him a lot.

andal

9. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

All you guys said are true...hearafter who is going to stand for hours in the test match fileld encouraging the other side batsman :bowdown

1 person likes this.
  10. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

Re: Its Farewell time for the great "Wall" Rahul Dravid !!

RD.jpg