1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Its All About Potatoes, Honey!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 2, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mannu,

I have heard of a few Purandara Dasar's songs. But have never heard of this. Oh My God! What a love!

Dasar hits the nail on its head. We have the selfless loving God for us, on a 24 X 7 basis. And see what has he got in return! Just a selfish, calculative, cunning devotee keen on snatching the goodies from God pretending to love him all the time.

The Lord was distributing Amritham to the Devas. He was personally serving them. And the mystic who imagines the scene simply bursts out laughing.

'I thought there are only idiots amongst the human species. But looks the entire race of Devas, are idiots.
    'You see God Himself, who is the sweetest of elixirs Himself is there and those idiots were craving for some salt water that was in God's hands.'

Thanks for teaching me that beautiful verse by Purandaradasa, Mannu.

thanks for coming in.
    love,
    sridhar

2. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Hai Sridhar ,
    I never expected such a lovely blog when you suggested that funny title ! Well written , sridhar ! Would like to get back (change) my 'go-to-hell' look !
    God is not just our potato; He is the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat and the world we live in. He is the love which we get from all the people who live with us.
    Very true ! Anbe dheivam !
    The MRT incident was so touching even after hearing about it so many times ! A great teaching , well described by you sridhar ! Thanks a lot ! God bless you !
    Love,
    Indhu.

3. varalotti

Hi Indhu,

I am sorry that I showed only that part of the blog till that "go to hell" look in your eyes. In fact there is a great lie. Because it is impossible for you to cast that "go to hell" look even if you very badly want to.
    For if you can you would have done that a million times for what I have done to you.

You are right. Anbe Deivam. Love and God are the most beautiful synonyms ever known in the language of English.

And I am trying to bring this out in as many ways possible in as many similies and metaphors as it is possible for me.

I am happy and proud that you still remember that MRTS incident and even liked it very much though it was just a repetition.

Thanks a lot, dear.
    love,
    sridhar

4. Bujji

Bujji Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sir

The title sounded different. Oh, is it time for me to read Sridhar sir's other thoughts too?
    But as soon as I entered the blog, I know whatever your thoughts are, the basement is Him.

I have one question Sir. A firm believer knows that "Avan inri oru anuvum asayadhu".
    Is that the reason, she thinks, both tears of ecstasy and tears of sorrow are from God?. Is that so, she says, "Thank you God for blessing me with this" or "Why God, what wrong I have done for this pain?".

5. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Sridhar Sir

Another wonderful topic...I liked these words specially.....so very well said...gives totally a different view point to look at our daily troubles and upsand downs of life.....

When I read your posts..I always get this energy or should I call it as HOPE...makes me thing there is a ray of light...at the end of this tunnel.....thanks for giving that hope to people like me...!!

And remember ladies we feel the pain not because of the Doctor but because of our own disease – something we have been carrying in ourselves for millions of births.

If we have to curse the Doctor for our pain and run away before the surgery is completed, well, we can crown ourselves as the worst idiots of the human species.

6. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

your blog reinforced a thought I have been having lately.

The customs officer does a thorough search to extract any valuable items which the passenger brings in without declaring it (What he does with it shouldn't be questioned!). In the same manner, he is able to detect illegal or prohibited substances that the passenger might sneak in with the x-ray machines.

When He/She lets us face challenges, it is to put us through inner search to bring out latent qualities in us such as perseverence, patience, diligence and tolerance. It is also to let us identify and get rid of the negative thoughts and feelings we may have accrued until then and grow out of them.

Instead of this, we keep lamenting as to why He/She chose us to face the challenges in the first place?

7. varalotti

Dear Bujji,

Not only for my thoughts, but the real foundation and basis of all the thoughts is Him and His love.

That's a very pertinent question. The answer is quite subtle.

You see a person who is really convinced in the statement "Avananri Orannuvum asaiyathu" will never be in grief. Whatever happens to him be it happiness or sorrow, whether he is enjoying in heaven or being roasted in hell, he would in a state of ecstacy.
    But this applies for a person who is convinced in the depths of his heart "avananri oraanuvum asaiyaadhu."
    On the other hand most of us have heard this statement. To us it is just an information. We do not and cannot understand the full implication of the statement. We jump in joy and when pain comes, we shout at him, "Of all the persons, why me, God?"

Yogi Ramsuratkumar was in his death bed. He was in a state of intense pain. Even the Doctor could feel it.

One of his devotees suggested with tears in his eyes, "Maharaj, if only you can tell your Father, the all-loving God.. your pain will go."
    The Yogi smiled.
    "You see my son, He is correcting something amiss somewhere in the Universe. And he has asked me to bear the pain for a while. How can I refuse, my son, when My Father has so lovingly chosen me as the repository of some universal pain? And my Father knows very well that I can bear the pain. So what's the big deal/'

Now this Yogi is fully aware of "avananri oranuvum..".
    The person who complains about his pains is not aware of that statement at a deeper level.
    Hope my explanation is acceptable.
    love,
    sridhar

8. gmeena1982

gmeena1982 New IL'ite

Hello Sridhar,
    This is the first blog that I read after my enrollment in indusladies.com. Simply splendid! How could a person describe true devotion so beautifully!!! My God!!! Hats off to your wonderful writing skill! Keep it up!

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

what a lovely story dear friend.The mother hitting the child is so touching.And the doctor and the patient example is so good, so ery true.

You should have been a guru on TV, u would ahve been the ebst of the lot that i see, as u teach well, u look so handsome, u are in the wrong business of an accountant.HAHA

Loved this one Sri.Regards

kamal

10. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    By looking at the title, i was really wondering what is this all about and as usual you have given us a great treat.
    I agree not cent percent but may be 200% to what you have said.
    Yes Sridhar, of course GOD does deserve the same treatment like Irish. Definitely no compromise. But takes longer time for people to realise it.
    Your experience in the train was really touching. Please do continue with your wonderful work. Love, Meenakshi