It is not my Creation

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by ojaantrik, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

[I am posting below once again something that I did not create. But I loved it so much that I couldn't resist the temptation to share it with all of you! I am sure that some of you have already received this from other sources. Nonetheless, no harm re-seeing something that's specially good! Cheeniya is the only one I know who could have written something as good as this. And Kamalji might actually be practising with gay abandon the philosophy of this message.]

image001.jpg

I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly.. As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend. I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 & 70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love ... I will.

image002.gif

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.

They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

image003.gif

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face.

So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

image004.gif

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore.

I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day (if I feel like it).

MAY OUR FRIENDSHIP NEVER COME APART ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!

image005.gif

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Cheers to friendship and greying gracefully, joyfully and carefreely :cheers!

3. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

What a delightful article ! Every single word straight from the heart. Now ,becoming old does not seem so scary after all , but something to be actually looked forward to !
    Yeah !:exactly:Lets never give up Dessert ! Life is a wonderful gift, to be celebrated continually !
    Thank you for sharing. ( who's the Author ?)

4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ojada,
    A
    very wonderful and thought provoking article!Getting older is rife with emotional landmines, gerontologists say, including fears of losing one's independence or getting a serious illness. Aging gracefully isn't always easy, but attitude matters a lot, experts say. "For some reason, our society is very obsessed with pointing out negative aspects of aging.Age is a matter of feeling, not of years. We can’t stop the clock, but we can keep our spirits young with humor, gratitude, and creativity. There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age." I feel you have achieved this Oja -da:)
    with love
    pad
    <link rel="File-List" itxtvisited="1"><link rel="themeData" itxtvisited="1"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" itxtvisited="1"> <style itxtvisited="1">@font-face { font-family: Cambria Math; } @font-face { font-family: Calibri; } @page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin: .5in; mso-footer-margin: .5in; mso-paper-source: 0; } P.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman","serif"; mso-style-unhide: no; mso-style-qformat: yes; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri } LI.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman","serif"; mso-style-unhide: no; mso-style-qformat: yes; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri } DIV.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman","serif"; mso-style-unhide: no; mso-style-qformat: yes; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri } .MsoChpDefault { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-style-type: export-only; mso-default-props: yes; mso-ansi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-ascii-font-family: Calibri; mso-hansi-font-family: Calibri } DIV.Section1 { page: Section1 } </style>

5. sreyaallari

sreyaallari Bronze IL'ite

HI
    Nice revelational post... :thumbsup
    Thnx for sharing, I have not read this anywhere....

Regards,
    Sreya.

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear OJ,

Now this one is straight from the heart.Well u were right in naming me and Cheeniya, we are both like this.When we met in Cheenai and were having dinners, we always remembered u, and called u a couple of times and spoke to u.

We are the trinity of friends, like the Brahma Vishnu Mahesh:rotfl

And u two anre the intellectuals, and me the tapori fellow, but never mind, as long as we have great fun togther it is all fine.

I live life like yr post.I too dont care a damn, if i am overwieght at 100 kgs these days, that i have not shaved for a few days, wear the same jacket for a few days togehter, i dont care if the ladies dont look at me in the park, i am having a blissful life, i dont have to work hard or prove myself to anyone, and best of all, i feel nice about myself , and i respect myself.

What a wonderful post OJ as onkly u can write.We shall meet very soon.

Regards

kamal

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Oj da,
    Thank you for sharing this post..which would clearly help me understand and accept my old age with grace and celebrate it too.

sriniketan

8. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi.

Wonderful post. Definitely ageing should not be a cause of concern bcos it is only a natural process. Though years may roll by, if one is young by heart still he can be bubbly with soaring spirits. Only thing one should care about is take care of their health and follow discipline in their eating habits.

People reading this will definitely and should feel positive and not otherwise.

Theres a saying add life to your years and not years to your life!!!!!!

9. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Oj da

a very sweet article emphasizing positive attitude. Now, growing old doesn't seem so depressing, rather, enjoyable with desserts and all!Thanks for sharing.

My doctor's office has a copy of Dr.Suess's 'You are only old once' for obsolete children. Dr. Suess, through his wit and wisdom makes the aches and pains of growing old seem light and we follow the hero through his checkup with the health experts at the golden age clinic. Dh loves this book and wants to get a copy.

10. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

@ everyone

There is no point acknowledging the fb's individually. It is not my own work. Someone emailed it to me and I thought it was a wonderful piece. It can entertain anyone who reads it. From the fb's, I can see that I was not wrong. However, the attitude towards life that this message recommends may not be easy to adopt. Easier said than done, as they say. I think Kamalji fits the bill. At least his posts appear to say that this is the way God created him. I do not know if Cheeniya too belongs to the class, though I am sure that it is within his abilities to write up this piece.

I strive hard to reach this destination. I admit that I am yet to reach the goal.

Thanks for reading.

oj