1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shantana..I agree with you and your mil (for once;-)). This thread and other posters are a huge support to us and we need this. As long we vent within limits, no one is gonna be against it. Even if some people are, we don't need to bother about them. I don't think this thread is gonna be closed. In case if it is, let's start Version 2, what say:cheers

3 people like this.
  2. litikhushi

litikhushi New IL'ite

hi dear,
    u might be right and i saw my friends also suffer same . But by God's grace I find my in-laws home more better than mine and total opposite things we do in my in-laws home......so much of relaxation...live how u like...no rule...do what ever u want but out of love. we consume 5 killo oil in 2.5 month almost. we did even keep food in fridge , so no question of eating (FIL and MIL strict on no one shld eat fridge kept food) . be informal in home unless any relative comes. and all spices bought from shop....:)

let see if i can agree to some other point u share in future.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  3. SriB

SriB New IL'ite

How long have you been living with them?

4. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

I come here after gap only to learn that the twins Bub and CP leaving....:-(. Can you reconsider ladies?

5. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

My mil has started a new problem with me.. Each and every month of my pregnancy , she gets more and more cranky and wants to show off each and every day that she is superior over others and she finds reasons to argue with me , talk bad about me to husband. I guess she is very very very jealous that I am pregnant . She is not able to tolerate the fact that my husband is giving importance to me for all 9 months. Damn I have stopped calling her as of now. But she makes it a point to fight thro mom or hubby. I would never ever be a normal person with her. She wants to go to her level and argue .
    Before marriage I never had a need to argue with anyone. Now for each and everything ,she makes a problem and does panchayath for all small problems .. I want to send her for some job as she can give some rest to her mind which searches for problems in each and every things .

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

You are dealing with your MIL the right way Gurpreet. Stop talking to her and let her deal with it with her son. Let him know that this is helping you stay sane during your pregnancy and is good for both you and the child. Let him see the real nature of his mom. Why should dil only bear the brunt of MIL insecurities....let the son have it too. He is not doing much for the pregnancy now...let him do his bit.Don't feel guilty about him having a bad time. Had he put his foot down earlier ....your MIL wouldn't have dared to treat you like she does. Hugs to you and the little one.hugsmiley

2 people like this.
  7. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Last trip to India, there was a family function we conducted. We had just returned from the mandapam and along with us around 6-7 of his aunts and uncles came. We came home in time for afternoon coffee. My husband had fallen ill as soon as the function was over and just went to bed. I changed and was about to go out when he told me that I should not go out, and should pretend to be sick. That went against my upbringing (not polite when guests are around to stay away), but he clearly told me "amma can handle them if she wants. If you go out, they will make you work and then clean up everything and basically won't let you rest"
    I have Witsend moments where is he concerned, but at that time all I felt for him was hugsmiley. Where his parents are concerned, he never fails to surprise me(in a positive way)

4 people like this.
  8. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

If you go out, they will make you work and then clean up everything and basically won't let you rest"
    I have Witsend moments where is he concerned, but at that time all I felt for him was hugsmiley. Where his parents are concerned, he never fails to surprise me(in a positive way)

chooo chweet. pat on ur dh's shoulder on my behalf.

1 person likes this.
  9. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

DKI

chooo chweet. pat on ur dh's shoulder on my behalf.

1 person likes this.
  10. Ishika84

Ishika84 Silver IL'ite

From last 11years my MIL is not talking with elder DIL...but suddenly something happen and they are talking...now whenever I call MIL she start her GYAN..
    1) she become so polite and gentle
    2) she know importance of family & inlawz
    3) her son is this & that
    4) she is working as a teacher and earring 18,000rs/ month
    before all this
    1) she is worst person...her family is lower class
    2) she use soap to wash hair
    3) she don't know how to cook
    bla.bla.bla..
    what A change clever lady(MIL) ...basically she wanna jelious me..but I am ice cold.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014