1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. pinkRoseBud

pinkRoseBud Gold IL'ite

But for MIL, DILs are their son's bitter half :(

5 people like this.
  2. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Exactly..and not only mil but DH also seems to of the same view.

3 people like this.
  3. chillbreeze

-Sai: My sil has been married for 4 years and this practice has been going on since then. Its hard to break such a habitual practice in few months. With my hints/actions, mil knows i don't like her DD coming daily and doesn't tell me to help her in preparing dinner or to pick up the things strewn on floor after she leaves.

1 person likes this.
  4. chillbreeze

Ishika..tell her you have made a list of the things to pack and you'll take care of it. My mil was trying to give suggestions/get to know what I'm packing when we were planning for a temple trip few months back. I told her I'm experienced in travelling and I will take care of the packing for DH and myself. As far as staying with your parents or buying gifts for your bro, don't even consider what mil says. You know best about your family.

1 person likes this.
  5. SmilesSS

SmilesSS New IL'ite

Re: It happenly only in ILs house

This chapati thing is ultimate, i couldnot stop laughing.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  6. adimad

adimad Silver IL'ite

My husband is mad at me because I refused to talk to his parents on Skype and this upsets him because his parents want him to make me video chat with them so that they can see everything that is happening in our home from what I am wearing to what I am doing, so that they can find some or the other thing to make an issue out of or just generally rob us of our privacy (their favorite pastime). So I don't want to, but husband cant see his parents getting upset, what I want doesn't really matter.

7. adimad

adimad Silver IL'ite

One day talking on Skype, my MIL came to know that my DH washing dishes.She inquired if he does that everyday and I said yes we both come home from work same time and divide the house work. I cook he does dishes since he doesn't know cooking. She said OK.
    Next day she talking to DH on Skype and speaker is on but she doesn't know. So she tells him a story casually - "I went to see such and such - they told me about their relatives daughter (or some far off relation). They are looking for a groom for her - went to see a boy but boy said no because she told him that he will have to contribute to house work as she is working too. What a stupid girl. Anyone will say no to that. Girl working or not working, house work is not men's job."
    WHAT A SNAKE is my MIL!!

6 people like this.
  8. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

lol... and you should have shamelessly interrupted, shouting; "Oh God... how outdated and cunningly orthodox is your mom... No wonder why so many women's laws and women's rights doesn't work... when a woman fails to understand a woman how would a man understand?" ;-)
    by the way, did you tell your dh what exactly was running through her cunning mind?

3 people like this.
  9. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

venting time for me :bang
    mil calls to enquire how my ttc journey is going on and what my doc said... this is how conversation goes on.
    mil: you are not calling me now a days.. what did your doc say?
    me: yeah, I have been going to hospital alternate days and whole day goes in there.. yesterday I called you but you didn't answer. Have next visit on Wednesday.
    mil: OHH!!! but you guys were about to start here on Tuesday...
    (there was a marriage to attend on 11th)
    me: yeah, but we will have to adjust according to the scans, treatment etc etc
    mil: that's ok even if you have to start on last moment, but see to it that you stay back till sankranthi...
    me: sankranthi??? (wondering why would I stay there for 1 and half month...)
    mil: yeah, I want you stay back till then... actually, for sankranthi we will have to clean all the house in and out and we are not getting maids here now a days.. so I was thinking your sis (my co-sis) will clean the house and you can handle kitchen.
    me: (confused, shocked, perplexed)ummm... ok, I'll see and adjust as per my treatment.
    mil: no, ask your doc to postpone all your treatments for after sankranthi so that you can stay back here.
    me: will see what she says, bye...

after an hour or so, dh comes jumping and rolling asking me when are we leaving and and when are we supposed to book tickets in tatkal...
    me: "sorry, am neither coming to marriage nor to your place. you can leave if you want."
    dh: confused0006.gif .... nocomment.gif

7 people like this.
  10. ransen

ransen Silver IL'ite

Does your MIL thinks that you dont have a brain to think on ur own and just do what ever she says?....I hope you do just opposite of what ever instructed by your MIL. You should have laughed uncontrollably when your MIL said the above points....because I did.laugh1smiley