1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

My MIL sometimes says the strangest of things.
    When she came to our house the first time without informing us to surprise her....I put them up in the second bedroom. While I was removing the linen in the cupboard to make place for their stuff,she said......" Put my son's clothes in our cupboard,their is plenty of space here".

My husband left home at 16 and this was a good 11 years after that. Suddenly she wanted her son's clothes in her cupboard.

When I told her son about it ..his reaction was so LOL worthy..."Hain ? Kya? What does she want to do with my clothes?"

I was like....pata nahi(don't know):coffee

Initially whenever we went to her place,she would say...."give me his clothes,I'll wash them.......I 'll fold them,......I will iron them":confused2:

Once She put a plate with paneer parantha in front of me and said...."don't eat this...this is for my son":shock::shock:

8 people like this.
  2. anivijay

anivijay Gold IL'ite

Again a set of golden words from MIL...

A man can marry 100wifes in his life. But he can have one and only amma.:bonk

5 people like this.
  3. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

She is for sure weird. All these left me just one question....Waht??? Out of mind old lady......

4. DGcreative

Thanks Radhica.

5. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

Aww DG...hugs...wish your leg heals properly....and in the meantime, hope your MIL continues to show some more of affection on you this time :-D
    I liked the way you said that you want to plan for her birthday after having received some warmth from her in the past few days.....I hope this really brings a big nice turn for you in your family life.....The way in which you are just so ready to give back the warmth instantly is really heart-warming to read, but just be alert at the same time not to overdo it ....!

5 people like this.
  6. DGcreative

Yes yes I am alert. I do wish a nice turn too. I tried in the initial days of marriage to give the affection & got setbacks. Now if I am getting some warmth, why not to reciprocate. As of now all things as per plan for the evening. I called her DDs too but they wont be able to come. Elder SIL instantly liked the idea of surprise element. I would be leaving a bit early from work. Hope things go well. Touchwood.

4 people like this.
  7. satyasrinivas80

satyasrinivas80 Silver IL'ite

Good that ur DH asked. In my case, DH always keeps his mouth sealed and if at all he will ask, he will ask his mom which is of no use..

My DH cant even ask his father to register his own property in his name.. DH is not understanding the legal complexities that is gonna come if my FIL does not settle properly.. any grand child can claim bcos it will be grand pa's property..

though i dont think abt thier medical or day to day expenses, it is always the extra money which FIL wants for one thing or the other..

Oh mine has to ask because if he is sending extra money to FIL he has to send the same amount to MIL's account so it's like $1000 extra on top of their every need and want expenses. They both maintain separate accounts and my dh can't hide a single thing with his mom and buys troubles from her.

I also don't think or interfere when my dh sends them money. As a matter of fact, in these 9 years of my married life my dh shared his frustration recently with me as I always lend a listening ear to him but never argue. Otherwise, I wouldn't know what's happening at their side.

At least you are in a situation of not settling the property but my PILS already passed an ultimatum to write the properties to their relatives sons even though the properties they have are bought with my dh's salaries and my dowry. There is no way we can satisfy them!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. srilatharajesh

srilatharajesh Silver IL'ite

hi bubblygal

some people are like this even after getting into their family and treat them like our own they don't. its v.bad and your husband also joining them is too bad. just ignore and go on.....don't show them you are hurt or you feel bad. act as though you are comfortable. you have to take the thorn with a thorn only. when it comes to your family matter act to hide from him he will then feel the pain. nobody can make you happy except for yourself . even though its a bad feeling try to stay happy either your husband will change or you will get used to it.

1 person likes this.
  9. taanisharma

taanisharma New IL'ite

it's called "dikhaawa " ..................seriously why u cant eat that dish , this was so rude , next time say this innocently " i am alo ur kid na momy darling , why so doble standard , u should love ur both kids equally "

1 person likes this.
  10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Eat it!!! arre baba...:rotfl

When my husband started eating...I did kick him under the table. Later I told him and he was like...awww poor baby.

Waisay he knows because he gets the same treatment if his brother is around. His brother is the favourite. If she can't treat her son equally ...what are my chances.

Waisay I wish I knew how to sweet talk.I can't. I either stay quiet or if things go out of hand then I say things that are too much for her.

2 people like this.