1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

I certainly think that there has to be some international conference of these MILs somewhere that we are not aware of and our MILs attend it for "how to irritate the DIL" topics :spin

My MIL does the same thing.

"X's parents still call us to enquire whether my son is happily married." Sigh!

"Y's parents called us and asked us to show another home with exact same people as us (MIL and FIL) and exact same son as my son. But they also told me that it is not possible so they will settle for second best for their daughter" Sigh!

"Z was the only daughter to her parents. They even agreed to give us their flat in posh locality and live in some other place because everything that was theirs belonged to their daughter only" Sigh!

"A (DH's friend) was such a nice girl. She knew cooking, cleaning, mopping, dusting, brooming, grooming, vaccuuming, all pujas, loved me and always praised me in front of my son. But my son considered her a sister." Sigh! "I told him several times that muh-bola-bhai-behen relationship is not real. You can marry her. But, my bad luck..."

These irritating sighs... :rant

I too feel like sighing out loud and say "not only your bad luck mummyji.. Mine too." :rant

14 people like this.
  2. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

I guess I am the mean DIL in such scenarios! :biglaugh

My great MIL: We were getting so many offers for ur DH, the girls were educated, homely, expert at house management, but I know my son wanted a professional wife and I never intend u to be housewife.

Mean me: yes, mummyji. I know how broad-minded and supporting u are. I also never wanted to be a house wife so married ur son coz I know he wants me to pursue my career plans. :twisted:

5 people like this.
  3. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

I tried that once! :hide:

Immediate reaction and U-turn in MIL's talk:

"No.. But I don't like girls having expectations from their husbands family. I was also working before marriage. But I never kept any condition and I did not marry someone for my selfish interests. I sacrificed a lot. A good daughter in law is someone who is not selfish and doesn't marry for money or freedom. I always wanted, for my son, a wife who would do whatever is convenient to this home and not because she knows how good and accommodating we are. If someone tries to take benefit of our good nature, I will make sure that the person regrets till death whatever she has done"

And this was followed by some 20 examples of girls who tried taking "advantage" of DH by flirting with DH because everyone in his college knew he was an only child and very smart and had a very 'decent' and 'lovely' parents. And how she "saved" her son from all of these girls and how DH is still thankful for her miracles. :drowning

The best part is, when I asked DH about one or two of these 20 girls, he didn't even remember their names!!! :biglaugh :rotfl

Big bluff of Blablananda caught!!!

13 people like this.
  4. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Arch ditto ditto ditto my thots & my MILs behavior.

5. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

next time just say "my fate to be stuck here.. what to do!" *huge big sigh*

:rotfl

3 people like this.
  6. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

No Anushri! I don't think the "karma theory" did any miracles..
    She was never bed ridden in her life (for that I have to thank my stars) but yes! she would be admitted in hospital once or twice every year either for high BP or Sugar and every time only I was at her service day and night in the hospital while her daughters use enquire and talk to her on cell phone (of course both are in different state's) not once they were with her when she was sick and lucky them whenever they are here she would be hale and healthy & full of life.

I think I have mentioned in my earlier post's her death was actually peaceful, she was suffering from pain but could not exactly tell where it is but I think she had pain in her left arm and back but she said her entire body was aching, I suggested we go to the hospital immediately (only me and FIL were at home other than her) but the way she shouted at me that day which I will never forget in fact those were her last words she spoke to me. These are the exact words she told me " No need of any hospital, I know you are waiting to throw me in some hospital so you can have nice time at home, just leave me alone and mind your business"
    I was soo... hurt by her words because even she knows that it is only me who will be there with her in the hospital till she gets discharged, any way my FIL also told me to leave her alone but still I was very scared and kept checking on her but all the while I saw her sleeping, I even informed my DH over phone and he to told me just check on her but don't disturb her, around evening her moans increased and when we rushed to her room she was crying profusely in pain ,grasping for breath and sweating heavily this is when we really got scared and knew the seriousness of the situation, with great difficulty me and my FIL managed to put her in the car back seat ,My FIL was holding her while I drove her to the hospital , she was taken straight to the ICU and by the time I informed my DH and he to was there in 30 mins, the Doc asked us since when she is suffering and was literally yelling at us for our carelessness for not bringing her the moment she complained but some how FIL managed the situation, within a hour she was no more..

Actually she herself didn't have any idea that she is getting an heart attack if at all she she knew it she would be more care full because she takes care of her health very well ex specially doctors visit's and medicine..

But what is the highlighted issue here is " her last words to me were also so rude and annoying" what have I done to her to deserve this.

After this episode lot of relatives (daughters specially) were blaming me for her death, luckily my FIL and DH came to my rescue, FIL didn't allow anybody to blame me.. I have to really appreciate him for this because he himself has irritated me lot of times.

8 people like this.
  7. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Blessed
    trust me I was waiting for a reply about your MIL's last days. But I am not happy with this now. The only thing that keeps me consoling is that people will rep rewards at one point of time. BUt now it seems fate or the karma was too busy with other people and misses deadlines like me.

1 person likes this.
  8. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Nothing dear.....It was you who drove her to the hospital & tried to save her by checking on her now & then.....It was her Karma that she did not realize it was a heart attack.

Stay Blessed.

7 people like this.
  9. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

yes.me too agree this.even though she was cautious about her health she couldnot make it to hospital even you had offered her.that was the punishment for her to suffer with pain whole day.
    in my sister's case my sister was the one who persuaded others in the family for the operation of her mil and took care of her when she was admitted.but before going into the theater,my sis's mil shouted at her and was saying 'i won't spare you when i will be discharged'.but her fate was that she didn't even open the eyes after the operation which was a successful one

2 people like this.
  10. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

blessed, it is better this way.. can you imagine if your MIL was hospitalized for days and months and her daughters came too and all together tortured you? this is better for you.. at least your FIL and DH were on your side when the SILs decided to do the torturing later.. :)