1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. vibs123

vibs123 New IL'ite

Re: It happenly only in ILs house

hahahah... :rotfl
    I garee to following points.. even i face the same issue....
    tv will be on from 7am to 12 midnight or later
    lights and fans will running even if no one in the room
    keep unwashed plates and utensil to next day. MIL wont even wash a single spoon anytime.
    she hardly goes to kitchen but if she does then keep the whole kitchen messy.. all Dabbas never go back to their place and DIL literally have to make the place to move in kitchen. Platform is so dirty with chilli powder, salt and god knows what that u dont feel like eating what is prepared...
    even if u cm tored from office at 10.pm at night you should cook.. In almost 3 yrs of my marriage i have never even a glass of water to drink after coming from office but if MIL goes for a evening walk she should be asked for water and tea after she comes back.
    Even if u r not well o have fever you are no expected to sleep till late instead get up usual time and cook as if she(MIL) cooks for one day her all the bones will shred..:crazy
    She will take hours for having bath but DIL should finish bath quickly and do pooja and start cooking as if DIL is servant.
    DIL is never asked for any suggestion even in minor things and MIL always declares her decision may be it is related to DIL too directly to all.:bonk

ILs... I have list of them to pen down and today I am very frustated too with these species...:bonk

Umanga, Anushka008, kiran1988 and 6 others like this.
  2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

omg, cant stop laughing esp the MDA title--masters in Dabba Administration..ROFL...
    coolpinky, how do you keep your cool?
    well mine, as such i have no issues with my In-laws but then a few things irritate me..
    1. tv runs the whole day from say 7 am till night 10.30 or 11 pm..
    2. fans and lights are on even when no one is there in the other room

4 people like this.
  3. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

I bet my MIL can beat anyone. Here's the list
    1) Arrange & rearrange all clothes in cupboard atleast twice a day. Yes twice a day
    2) Wash all unused vessels every week. Well yes they become greasy but those are vessels we dont need for a family of 3&half on daily basis. May be used once in 2-3 months
    3) The way corriander & any leafy vege is cleaned by MIL needs an award. She will clean it to the extend that its left half to one thirds of the original quantity.
    4) In house cleaning rituals she will do the cleaning herself...but we should be present to assist her with initial cleaning & handing over mops & dust clothes. Also take care of the high stools she will be climbing....

I can think of more such things but will write them in a while.

Umanga, sirila29, arch1209 and 8 others like this.
  4. twink

twink Silver IL'ite

pl explain the concept behind~~ cocnut should be broken by men.. WHY?

2 people like this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Girls it is fun to share the practices and norms of our in laws. I know the original purpose of this thread is to make fun...

But, the underlying truth is.... We (DILs) are born and brought up in an environment that is very different from our husband's family. What suits us best may not suit the other person, right? Similarly what is followed in their place may be a joke for us.. at the same time, they would be also cracking jokes on our practices. So, remember it is a two way journey.

I saw some of my in law's practices that I hate the most are the regular practices of some DILs here. Some of my own practices (such as eating junk food, wake up late etc..etc..) are criticized here because it is someone's ILs practice. So, the logic behind is that "it is always difficult to mingle two different families" - "marriage is full of compromises and reasonable people can make it happy"

deepideepi, shravs3, pear and 28 others like this.
  6. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

Omg!!! This is a real hillarious thread!!! Thanks coolpinky!!!! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

My list:
    1. FIL can help MIL in the kitchen, but if son helps DIL then its a conspiracy to make DH "gay":bang

2. Potatoes should not be peeled if you want to boil them, they dont boil well when the peel is taken off.:idontgetit:

3. If DH somehow wakes up in the middle of the night, the DIL must know. She is a bad DW if she doesnt know her husband is awake :eek

4. The government is wrong. Plastic is a scarce resource. Store every available plastic bag, plastic dabbas, plastic spoons from icecreams packs, anything remotely plastic even if the kitchen cupboards are already overflowing with plastic material.

5. Anything free is precious. If you lose it, you're doomed. Free gifts with some purchase even if it is useless must be fought for and taken twice. Free meals at someone's wedding must be eaten twice your normal portions. Free icecreams go in a different stomach, fill it up even if you have to vomit later.

6. Someone coming home for a meal should be stuffed. Sometimes I get frightened :shaking: seeing the plate that she fills guests. Its full as in fuller than the fullest. One plate filled which can suffice 3 people.

If DIL's parents deny for so much food and eat half of it only (which still is more than a normal person's meal), it means they did not eat anything. This needs to be told them the next time "oh! you dont eat enough here" :crazy:spin

7. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

I completely agree SGBV.

And I know that you know that we know that this is just for pure fun!!! :bonk

(Sorry for the "know thats") :wink:

7 people like this.
  8. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Tamilnadu pitlai is called kootu here. Accept it or die.
    As per tradition (to the best of my knowledge) on festivals noboby will use Methi (as its bitter) and nobody prepares Kulambu/Gojju on festivals.
    But thats a part of menu.
    A general body meeting will be held to decide upon the menu for festival. I will asked suggestion for name sake and the food items suggested by me will be turned down without any second thought.
    So now a days in such discussion I just :coffee:coffee:coffee. If I asked I would reply "Your Wish".

10 people like this.
  9. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

MIL prepares Best Sambhar/Rasam powder
    MIL prepares Best Spiced powders/pickles
    MIL prepares best ...... I dont know thats what she thinks.
    All I can think is she did not pick up the best DIL. thats me

37 people like this.
  10. OliveOyl

OliveOyl Gold IL'ite

1) All old things should be stored "in case we might need it later" (why why why????) Old radios, knives, peelers, magazines, dresses, cardboard boxes, plastic covers....list is endless....
    2) TV volume is loudddd and usually switched on at 6 AM. Switched off at 11 PM. Mega serial after mega serial...or test match the whole day :( MTunes, Comedy Central, NDTV Goodtimes, Travel channels, History, Discovery etc are all waste channels of the highest order...
    3) @Shilpama - same story here - If I go there I have to cook, if they come here, I have to cook
    4) Cooking less of everything...good dieting for me (yay!), but get frustrated if kids cannot eat their fill of what they want. Or worse - Cook one dish for the whole day. Or much worse - ask me to come after finishing lunch "so that the kids can take their afternoon nap in the car" (huh??)
    5) Serve curd using teaspoons and after 3 teaspoons ask if it is enough...
    6) Each vessel is used only for one particular thing. No mixing of vessels even by mistake.
    7) Cook only one dish at a time, clean the whole kitchen counter and then start the next dish. No wonder cooking two dishes takes double the time. Of course, MIL never cooks beyond two dishes :)
    8) Keep wiping the floor. The show cases, staircase grills, furniture, TV..basically everything else need not be dusted for another century.
    9) Old newspapers should be discarded only after one year. The pile has to keep growing and growing and growing. Then talk abt what amt FIL got from old newspaper guy for the kgs and kgs she sold.