Issue with the room mate, please suggest

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by meena12, Jan 19, 2010.

1. meena12

meena12 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    As i told you we rented a room due to financial circumstances , one girl is living.
    Recently i have noticed that she used the shampoo, but i can't confront her as there is no proof. The shampoo bottle is also moved from the original location Ormay be her boyfriend who came for one day he might have used it without knowing it ( i, i am not sure. As far as my knowledge this girl is not such a type of person(like using others things) but we don't know now a days we can't believe anyone.
    I am not worried if she used it , if she have asked i would have happily given or i am not worried that shampoo was reduced.
    My question is should i ask her or not, if i should ask what is the best way to ask without hurting. Why i am thinking because tommorow when we are not there something may happen. Small things may lead to big things.
    Do you think i should leave it now and see if the same thing happens in the future.
    Sorry friends, please give suggestions.
    Thanks
    meena

2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Wait for it to happen couple of times and then only confront her. If its happening only when her bf is there, then he might be using it without her knowledge. Its better to wait and watch. Don't let one incident crowd your judgment.

If after few days you indeed find she is using your shampoo, try removing the bottle from the bathroom for few days. She should get the signal, if not tell her frankly and also let her know that you tried conveying the same through polite gestures but she didn't take the lead.

Hope this helps.

3. free2live

free2live New IL'ite

Hi meena,

Its just shampoo and it only happened once...I would say let it go.I mean think about the possibilities, she might have started washing her hair and then realised she did not have enough shampoo or her boyfrnd used it without her knowledge.

If this repeats or she makes you feel uncomfortable by using something else without your permission, tell her politely that you would greately appreciate it if she asked your permission.Keep things simple.

F2L