Iskon Temple in Delhi

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Delhi' started by charandeepkaur, Feb 27, 2009.

1. charandeepkaur

charandeepkaur New IL'ite

Iskcon Temple is situated at Hari Krishna Hill, near East of Kailash. Built by the Hare-Rama Hare-Krishna cult, the temple dates back to the year 1998. New Delhi Iskon Temple is one of the 40 temples in India built by the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. Dedicated to Lord Krishna, the temple is one of the biggest temple complexes in India. The Hare Rama Hare Krishna Temple of New Delhi is beautifully built and is adorned with exquisite paintings on the life phases of Radha-Krishan, Sita-Ram, Laxman, Hanuman and Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, made by Russian artists.
    I have been to iskon temple but i still want to know something more about it. I will be glad if someone tell me something more about Iskon Temple.

2. aahna

aahna New IL'ite

I was really glad finding someone reviving the memories. I hope charandeep you also must be knowing the whole history? But only these has not remained in India but also Dublin.

Krishna Consciousness has been popular in Dublin for many years now. As Ireland's capital city, Dublin is a diverse and busy city and over the past few decades has had many temples. For one reason or another these temples never remained open for longer than a few years, mainly because the properties were not owned or secured by a long term leese agreement.

nice to hear that isn't it?

3. HarleenSethi

HarleenSethi New IL'ite

Yes, I too visited the magnificient ISKCON Temple Near Kailash Colony, New Delhi. The temple attracts heavy crowds during the Krishna Janmashtami festival.The temple too is beautifully decorated.

I believe that the temple along with its Shikaras reach to a height of 90 feet.Among the attractions of the temple are a robot which can enact and preach about Srimad Bhagvat Gita and a museum which has multimedia show to explain the teachings of Ramayana and Mahabharat.

If you are a bit tired after a round of the temple, just drop in for a bite at the Govinda Restaurant in the complex which serves great meals without garlic and onions.The prices are a bit steep but the restaurant has made a name for itself because of its excellent meals.