1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is this sleepiness normal for a 6 weeks old?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by satin, May 31, 2010.

1. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

In my last thread I have told that my baby hardly sleeps,now after our train travel from chennai to hyderabad he has changed but that is worrying me,he gets up around 7 in the morning had milk for only 10 mins and then sleeps(sleepy while having milk also),then gets up again at 8 has milk again for 30 mins then sleeps,then again at 9 and has for 5 mins or so and then sleeps and this continues till 3 o'clock and from 3 he gets up the same every one hour but wnated to nurse for 30 mins each time within one hour gap(usually he nurses for 30 mins in a 2 hr gap) and this continues till 10 pm(i get exhausted),but after 3 atleast he does not seem sleepy when nursing whereas in the morning he is always sleepy when nursing,nighttime is a peaceful time for him he nurses once in 3 hrs for 30 mins and sleeps well,is something wrong with him,why does he seem sleepy all the time,on friday we gave his vaccination,but this behaviour started on friday morning itself,so I think it has got nothing to do with vaccination.any input would be helpful.should I go to the doctor immeadiately?do you think he is just tired from the train journey?

he also has a smelly stool and passes gas a lot.

Last edited: May 31, 2010

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Satin..
    Did you consult doctor what was his/her opinion?

3. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Satin, how is your baby's weight gain? Is it on track? I've read in one of the books that babies who are often nursing at the breast could be an indication that milk is not enough. Are you feeling that way, or do you feel full, feel the tingling sensation when milk lets down?
    These are all the factors that you can consider.
    Please discuss with your paed.

4. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Chandrika! this is a 2 year old thread ..

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi ChotaBheem....
    Though thread is 2 year old sharing our views may help some moms looking for the same information...

6. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Satin,

Please consult a doctor..