1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is this dinner going to be fun or a deadly hangover?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ShilpaMa, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

OOPALL,Contented

thanks, yes I mailed cousin yesterday with slight hints with smileys that my parents are highly overwhlemed and wanted to check if they can be dropped out.. and not exact words that can be a torture later... am yet to hear back from her.

Yes its a big torture for me cos back at their place/ visits I was being constantly hovered and monitored by MIL => SIL that I dont get any free time with any cousin... and we all used to back off.. once it was decided for her to shift here.. recently SIL commented that my Bro's biggest hurdle / voes shall only mount with her shifting there. His extended family is themselves connecting with me on FB and are still not on his :bonk.

I understand that there are problems in each family within extended cousins/relatives.. however there are many relations that can exist at a platonic level as well. Dont we exist similar way with a few colleagues without getting into personal life but simply enjoying movies or shopping?

No one at distance can judge the problems between me, spouse and his family.. not even neighbours.. they infact get confused who's my parent. One needs to either live in the house for a week or read this forum to know atleast my perspective. I'll just hint her a few safe things.. am sure she's better placed grey matter wise.