1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is This A Common Thing In A Woman’s Life?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by indubalram, May 5, 2022.

1. mangaii

mangaii Platinum IL'ite

Laks09 likes this.
  2. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

3. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

please post your favorites too ! I liked this one. Is this just a dream or does this really happens?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. rosequeen

rosequeen Bronze IL'ite

Definitely happens in many happy marriages.

indubalram likes this.
  5. Nanmith

Nanmith New IL'ite

Grass on the other side is always lush green. Some SAHM feel that working women life is better and vice versa.

Whatever choice you make, remember there is always a consequence. Know what works for you and your family and stop the comparisons.

I am a happy stay at home mom and i dont feel bad, guilty or sad about that.
    It was my choice to stay back at home to look after my kids, and today when i look back i dont regret that.

6. rosequeen

rosequeen Bronze IL'ite

Very wise words! Problem is media and some 'modern women' look down on SAHM as weak

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Some SAHM women also look down on working women. "Oh I like to be at home when my kids come home from school." or "I like to make fresh food three times a day. I don't refrigerate food. I cook from scratch. " The unsaid in these comments is the put-down.

MalStrom, chanchitra and daisy1234 like this.
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Not this debate again! We’ve beat that horse to death a few times out here, haven’t we?

9. sandhya2020

sandhya2020 Silver IL'ite

Agree with first part that the good things in married life are not shown.

But can't agree with second part- that a man gave her job. She was selected in that job because of her hard work and talent. An organisation has a job and the employee gives his labour and his ideas to it.

And about manufacturing gas stove, pressure cooker- there is no reason women cant do it- except since long back, such jobs were reserved for men, and even now, majority of women are not allowed to work. And that man is able to make gas stove because a woman cooks and cleans and looks after his kids at home. We should appreciate men, but lets not talk like we have to be grateful to men for giving us jobs and manufacturing things for us, as if that has something to do with gender.

10. rosequeen

rosequeen Bronze IL'ite

In every organization someone has to click "I approve" before an offer letter goes out. Given that most managers are still men (and have historically been men), yes a man gave her that job. Of course, its not the same as giving her a paycheck, which is in exchange for your 'work and talent'.
    I disagree with you, we have to be grateful to many men (and women) including scientists, soldiers etc. The video made it appear it was one way street with men just taking things from her.