1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is there any way to reduce SIL's visits?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Iamagoodgirl, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Bummer. Help your SIL find a home based day care for her DD. Other alternative is to restrict her working hours to match school timings. Is work from home an option for her?

Work with your DH to have your PILs join SIL for the betterment of SIL and her DD. Tell him that PIL should not worry about society etc to take care of their daughter when she badly needs them. Tell him that you are really worried about SIL's daughter and you will manage the house without the extreme help of your PILs.

2 people like this.
  2. Chachi420

Chachi420 Platinum IL'ite

Please continue. This thread is now a comprehensive guide and case-study for DIL's on SIL's

:welcome I see a movement here, beyond OP's personal woes. 500 is within reach too :coffee

1 person likes this.
  3. tarasharma

tarasharma Gold IL'ite

This thread is giving competition to the "It happens only in in laws place" thread....:)

4. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

thinkingsmiley:spin47 pages of creative ideas on how to reduce SIL's visits? :drowningfaintingsmiley

disclaimer: i didnt read any post, except Op's post.

5. Chachi420

Chachi420 Platinum IL'ite

:notthatway: this is like a potluck of ideas so each person should contribute an idea :coffee

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Your response above shows that. This thread is full of creative ideas, fun facts and a healthy discussion about why and why not stop in laws' visit/how to treat parents/inlaws equally and who is responsible for aged parents and why apart from OP's issues, updates and suggestions.

2 people like this.
  7. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

isnt it so :hide:. i am sorry as i didnt read, just assumed that so many posts from so many brains would definetly be creative.

1 person likes this.
  8. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

All your color play gave me a headache hubbyslife!

No that is not accusation., only Nb25's opinion of what you said :)

Sorry folks, couldn't resist that. Just helping @chachi420 achieve 500 soon :p

2 people like this.
  9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

OP should start a new thread.

Re: Is there any way to reduce SIL's visits?Part 2.
    Warning: all thread hijackers stay away.

1 person likes this.
  10. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

I have said every thing in the post itself. Further explanations are unnecessary. Still.

I have explained myself at length in all my posts, and highlighted those things which I found rude in yours. If I wanted to make fun of you, I would not make the effort to explain myself. If you still think I am making fun of you, I can't help it. You should make some allowances for differences of opinion.

I do find these words "What you r calling crap" unacceptable. No one said it, and it was unwarranted. As for "I think you have not properly ready my post on Polygamy and divorce." - Are you an expert on polygamy and divorce? Are you saying others not as intelligent as you? It is condescending.

It is ok if you have run out of ideas on the topics that were being discussed. No need to keep debating like this.

Anyway, if you still feel it is ok to write like this, I have nothing to say.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.