1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is talent inborn or inherited or gifted

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 23, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

There are two kinds of talent: man-made talent and God-given talent. With man-made talent you have to work very hard. With God-given talent, you just touch it up once in a while. (Pearl Bailey)

Looking at the great writers of IL I feel whether talent is inborn in them, inherited or it is God's gift. After joining IL I have learnt so much from these writers that because of them only I am able to write something but no doubt I take the help of Google also when I have some doubts. Sometimes whatever is in my mind, though I am not able to put it in writing , same thing is wonderfully quoted which I get from Google. So Google and the great writers here help me a lot and keep me busy. I am happy that in that way I am abl eto use my time in a fruitful way. The writers here use their talent and also share with us because of which we also gain and acquire some knowledge.

Whatever God has gifted to us we should used it in a good way .

)
    Doing easily what others find difficult is talent; doing what is impossible for talent is genius.
    Henri-Fréderic Amiel

Those people who perform in stage are not only talented but they are bold to perform in front of the public. We should be gifted and talented to sing. For that we should have a good voice and have to struggle hard to keep the voice intact.

A talent is not a talent until it has been shared. If we are so blessed as to be an artist, shouldn't we help someone just as someone helped us? (Wayne A. Wright)

Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.

I wasn't born with any innate talent. I've never been naturally gifted at anything. I always had to work at it. The only way I knew how to succeed was to try harder than anyone else. Dogged persistence is what got me through life. But here was something I was half-decent at. Being able to run great distances was the one thing I could offer the world. Others might be faster, but I could go longer. My strongest quality is that I never give up.”
    Dean Karnazes

11 people like this.

2. revathysankar

revathysankar Silver IL'ite

hi mam,
    Each one has talent those who use it and bring out with confidence will shine in front of others.Many people lack in confidence

2 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Revathy dear thanks for stepping in with your first like and first fb. Thanks very much for making my day andalways encouraging me.

4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Each of us have some qualities that are known and some that are innate.
    The key is to be aware of them and hone them, so we excel in life.

Nothing comes easy. If I find something easy to do than others, then I am sure that there would be several other things that others are good at.

Whether innate or obtained as a result of hard work, it only matters if it is used for a good cause. Is it not Vijima? Thanks for sharing this. -rgs

2 people like this.
  5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji mom :)

Great post as usual! :bowdown

Mom, there is no one on this planet who is not born with any "inherent" talent. Sometimes, though, we do not recognize talent unless told or recognized by someone else.

I loved your attitude of "never giving up." I feel you have a great inherent talent of keeping yourself busy with good, informative stuff, making and nurturing new relationships, among many others! Whats say, mom?

1 person likes this.
  6. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji mam,
    A very very inspiring post.
    I liked the line - WEAK PEOPLE REVENGE. STRONG PEOPLE FORGIVE. INTELLIGENT PEOPLE IGNORE.
    Point to be noted mam.
    Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  7. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

I Guess talent is inborn for everyone. Observing our self is more important. Right channel to go on the correct path to bring it out fully is important.

1 person likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear aunty,

I like to have a balance of what nature has given us and nurture it. They are interdependent. We usually discuss this topic with bringing up kids but is relevant to our every day growth. All of us are indeed lucky to have one another to learn, share and grow!

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

RGS dear true everyone's qualities are different. Some have to struggle to get something and for some it is very easy . I agree with what you have written. Thanks for stepping in

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Anu dear how ar eyou, glad to see you here. True only when someone points out we come to know about our talent. You made my day with your appreciation Anu dear. My never giving up is because of the encouragement and inspiration I get from you all here.

1 person likes this.