Is Sub-chronic Heomarage Dangerous For Baby And Does It Take Long Time To Dissolve?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Daffodil13, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

All,

I am currently 11th week pregnant. When I was 7 week pregnant there is heavy bleeding just like periods and many lumps of blood came out. I was so panicked that time and thought it is miscarriage and rushed to hospital. They took scan and found that baby is good and have heartbeat and bleeding is due to sub chronic hemorage....it was in size of 1.9X0.9 cms and said that it should dissolve on itself.

Again I had scan yesterday and found that blood clot didnt dissolve much. It is now 1.4X0.6 cms. And doc who did scan said that it might cause a problem further (i mean abortion) if it doesn't dissolve. I am so worried abt it. Not sure what to do. I spoke to my doc and my doc said it takes time to dissolve and said not to worry but still I am restless. Doc has put me on Susten 400 mg vaginal tablet.

Have any one experienced this earlier or heard about it...?? How long it might generally take to disssolve?
    Any suggestions would be great help for me....

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You should trust your doc and relax. Stress itself add more troubles to you. Stay calm, eat healthy and rest well.
    All the best.
    Sticky baby dust to you.

sindmani likes this.
  3. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

I had a SCH in my first pregnancy and had bleeding and was relieved when heart beat was found..was advised progesterone and few days bed rest. It got resolved its own and my son is 5 years now. So don't panic .Follow ur doctors ADVICE.

sindmani likes this.
  4. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Vasumathy for soothing words....:) Even i try to ignore it but sometimes i feel panic abt what next

5. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks sweetygal.....it gives me some confidence that things can go normal........fingers crossed..

Just small query, Did you mean complete bed rest??...I was also suggested to take rest but I am not able to take bed rest...I work from home but have to sit in front of my laptop from morning 10 to 6....hope that would be fine?

And also , I am aware that person to person it varies but just wanted to know...How long it took for you to dissolve..?? i mean why which week of pregnancy it is dissolved?

6. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

hmm..it was 5 years back..still i remember i was not much into bed rest due to my job.I took around a weeks rest due to family compulsion. But i regularly took progesterone and weekly progesterone injection. It resolved by 5-6 months ,i guess.

7. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks so much sweetygal for immediate response....Even i am not in a position to take bed rest...immediately after bleeding i took 2 days rest and later I am working as usual...just that I am not taking stairs, not walking much and not going out of house....

Ohh ok , good that i understood it might take months time to dissolve completely....

Need suggestions/advice from you to be taken care specially during this phase...? pls help!!

8. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

And other friends, Pls pour in your suggestions if any you are aware of.....I am just listing my current schedule...You can help me to change either in schedule or diet...

1. Morning soaked dry fruits
    2. Breakfast (idli/dosa/upma)
    3. mid morning - Any fruit + buttermilk
    4. Lunch : Rice +dal+ any veggie
    5. Evening: Fruit + buttermilk ( sometimes Junk food also....Cant resist and sometimes i eat sweets/chocolates/spicy food etc)
    6. Dinner - Wheat chapathi+ veggie+ buttermilk

I am not able to take Milk or Paneer. Somehow I am not able to take it. Even forcefully I take it, I feel vomoting sensation whole day...My worry is how can i compensate this?...Generally every one suggests to take milk or milk products but i am not be...Any ideas here?

And exercise wise, it NILL....After SCH found at 7th Week doc suggested rest so I am not walking or doing any exercise...May be I hope i can start after 13 weeks and once stabilized...Feeling house arrested....:(

9. Mario123

Mario123 Gold IL'ite

Did the doctor tell you where this bleeding was from. Clot is already getting shrinked as per the scan. Do not worry. Stress is not good. Be positive. At 3rd month, even implantation bleeding can happen which is not abnormal. In prgnancy, overall blood circulation and blood supply to uterus increases and also the vessels are fragile. So bleeding can happen. Even chances of nosebleed increase.

Take vitamin C tablets twice daily. It doesnt have any side effect or cannot cause excess in body as it is water soluble and excess amount is excreted through urine. Also include vitamin c rich fruits like orange/ lemon daily once in your diet.

10. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi Mario,

Yes, Doctor checked and found that bleeding is due to SCH. And she said old brown blood might come out and said not to panic. Only once it happened during 7th week and till now I didn't see it again. Just that I know i have SCH , I had repeated scan to just see whether the size is reduced or not...

Yeah thanks for advice...I am taking Orange and Lemon water almost daily but nothing as specific in terms of medicine...Should i start taking it? I am currently on folic acid and susten 400 mg tablet.And also Glycomet 500 mg daily once...(as i had PCOS problem doc suggested this to take while i am trying to get pregnant).

And there is lots & lots of burping.....I feel so uncomfortable with it....it stays whole day except during sleep time....I burp a lot as if I ate stomach full.....Dont know what to do and how to reduce this? I spoke to my doc and doc suggested to take Gelusil, but that is not a big relief for me...Any idea on what I can take?