Is staying in villa not allowed?

Discussion in 'Housing in Abu Dhabi' started by baby1, Aug 3, 2012.

1. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

dear friends,
    we heard that we can't stay in a villa now where the owner has let many familes in one villa making its partition.
    i mean villa converted into apartments and living many families in one villa is not approved by the government here and it is illegal. single family has to live in one villa.
    have you experienced the same rule in your stay area. hope many of you are staying in villas. pls share your experiences here. what are your next option if you are asked to move out of the villa?
    i am staying in a studio flat in a villa in mohd bin zayed city where there are seven other families are living in different flats in one villa. villa is very comfortable for me as my kids can play outside full time.
    how about you all, how many of you are staying in villas and are planning to move out bcoz of the changed rule of the government?
    pls share your views here.

2. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

we are in search of a villa which is municipality approved. my kids love playing in villas. presently i am staying in mohd bin zayed city in a villa but last month we got the letter from the municipality to move out from this villa as it is not approved one. One month passed to this incident, but no further action has been taken from the municipality people to make us move from this place and we are planning to stay hereonly for another one year or so unless we don't get any disturbance again from those checking people.

pls help me search any good villa which is municipality approved one. area i prefer is musaffah or mohd bin zayed city as it is closer by to my son for the school.
    thanks in advance.

3. Akkinenirockz

Akkinenirockz Bronze IL'ite

you can live in Villa as long as it is not gypsum partitioned or crowded by many families.

As you know many Filipinos are staying in a partitioned room w/ more than a couple:hide:

4. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Yes My friend who is staying in MBZ also got the notice from municipality to change the villa residence.
    Also nowadays we need the house contract to renew the resident visa in Abu Dhabi