1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

is sex a important part of HAPPY MARRIED LIFE?

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by kainaath, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Re: Love or SEX ?????

Very true....wonderfully explained. :thumbsup

2. agnes

agnes New IL'ite

sex is required in married life. But without love the married life will not survive.

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ok, this discussion is moved from General Discussions to here. Also, off-topic posts and one-on-one chit-chat conversations are deleted.

Please stick to the discussion topic. Thanks.

Kainaath,

Please ensure threads are started in the relevant forums to keep the forum organized and for increased participation. Thanks.

4. sansmomy

sansmomy Bronze IL'ite

Men give love for S_X and women give S_X for love???

Hey,
    I just came across this while reading - Men give love coz they want S_X and Women give S_X coz they want love...It was explained with the help of science (how the male and female brain is wired and is loaded with different dominant chemicals)...

I was just thinking (inspite of the scientific explaination) how far is this true (rather common)?

Would love to know your thoughts over this...

To talk about our (me and DH) case, I have been intimate with him whenever we both wanted and DH loved me the same (like always) even if I was unable to provide him xxx (during pregnancy period and other times when I was away for months due to office work)....

Please pour in your views...

~S.

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Re: Men give love for S_X and women give S_X for love???

Its a bunch of baloney and stereo-typing. That statement is FALSE - unless you find specific cases which you can always find.

To talk about our (me and DH) case, I have been intimate with him whenever we both wanted and DH loved me the same (like always) even if I was unable to provide him xxx (during pregnancy period and other times when I was away for months due to office work)....
    Yes this is common in normal DH-DW relationships.

6. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Sansmomy, I cannot speak for all women, but I give sex because I want sex. I am not looking for teddy bears or halwa and jasmine flowers(picked that up from one of the threads) at the end.

Can you point us to this 'explanation with the help of science'? I am intrigued to read it.

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

You got it wrong. Not at the end. Its at the beginning. Supposedly you get halwa and jasmine so you get the mood - though I have never given any of those, so I wouldnt know

Lot of studies use the word 'science' but like you suspect its just liberal use of the word 'science'.

8. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

I am intrigued to read this alleged science nevertheless.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
  9. sansmomy

sansmomy Bronze IL'ite

Yeah, well, it was explained with some specific chemicals present in male and female brain and specifi vital senses centre...It said this dictates their different ways to perceive information and feel excited about..

I.e. It said that women can perceive/receive information better with ears (sound centre is more vital in infomation processing) and hence they tend to involve into more talking and hearing sessions...whereas in males, the vision centre plays vital role and hence their brain can process faster with visionary information...hence generally men get attracted towards shapes and women towards words...

then it spoke about what excites and gives satisfaction to men and women scientifically...I know that satisfaction is a relative term, but the book tried explaining it as some chemical release in the brain which makes us feel 'content'....It was said that the chemical released in male brain in reaction to satisfying S_X plays major role in generic 'all-is-well' feeling in males and hence they are more into S_X...Whereas emotional security and good words stimulate the generic 'satisfaction' level chemicals in a female brain and hence they seek emotional support and kind words...

Now, since this all (what would 'satisfy' one) is 'known' to the brain (be it male or female) in its subconcious, it makes us behave in a way that best drives us getting what we want in return (i.e. giving what the mate brain wants and then expecting in return what we'll get)....There was also much of a psycological stuff explained, which I am unable to reprodce here (some technical jargon)...I read few pages while visiting a friend at her place to kill time till she returned from office :))

It all sounded pretty much logical to me (given that the study was crried on large number of ppl and the results were valid), however, couldnt find a match to it in my own exp...so was wondering how far is this true....

Or is it the case that we 'think' (again the brain) that we are doing something coz we want to do this, but then somewhere in the subconcious mind we are aware that it is the way to get what we are seeking for (our ultimate goal per the gender which we keep denying in the consious mind)??

Huf, its getting more mixed into one another I guess...So, I all go and grab some refreshment for myself now :)

And yes, even I dont believe in stereotyping but generally interested in identifying some common trait in anything ;-)

~S.

10. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Your write up is kind of confusing but I'll try and address this specific part and I am thinking the specific chemical release you are referring to is dopamine, a neuro transmitter which signals the brain about the state of pain and pleasure.

And the two top natural activities which release dopamine to signal pleasure to the brain are food and sex and this is common to both men and women. I am not sure where the emotional security et al plays a part in dopamine release due to sex (read orgasm) as it is a short term effect and short lived. You can simulate the dopamine release to get a temporary state of ecstasy with drugs such as Cocaine or Methamphetamine as well (which is why they are sought after by many) but with long term ill-effects.

I am still intrigued to read that article :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.