Is riding scooter in saree danger?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by BindhuSasidhar, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Eraser

Eraser Silver IL'ite

Riding a scooter itself with 3 kids is not safe. There are far too many combinations that might work against a two wheeler. You should be ready -
    You have just learnt technicalities (balancing, clutch, acceleration), you should follow driving ethics or rules in your region very closely and then venture out - Observe driving in traffic closely, drive few months alone then start taking kids.

You are not only risking your lovely kids, and yourself but also other road users.

2. BindhuSasidhar

BindhuSasidhar New IL'ite

@Eraser,

Hi, I have no option other than scooter to take kids to school conveniently. Here many ladies like me take 3 children in scooter. However, I know that riding a scooter itself with 3 kids is not so safe for an inexperienced rider like me, especially when rain and mud make road slippery...

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Riding a scooter with three kids is very dangerous specially if you are short and have difficulty getting the balance in an emergency. If you are trying out Salwar Kameez...make sure the duppata is tied in a safe manner.If possible try kameez without a duppatta.The kind with a collar.

Try not to have a child stand in front as that will help you with the balance. Till you are more confident ,stick to driving on the left side of the road at reasonable speed.

If possible , buy a Nano or any other small car and learn to drive a 4 wheeler. It will solve a lot of your problems now and in future.

1 person likes this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Bindu...a second hand car is sometimes cheaper than a scooter. the cost of running may be a bit higher . Or a economical car like nano can be bought on monthly installments. Two kids on the scooter would still be fine...three is unsafe.
    what about public transport during rains?

5. NirmalaGoofy

NirmalaGoofy Gold IL'ite

6. NirmalaGoofy

NirmalaGoofy Gold IL'ite

Don't put your life and childrens life in risk. First time it might be odd seeing yourself in chudidar after few times you will get used to it. Nowadays even grandmas wear chudidar. Do don't be too conscious.

7. aryashi

aryashi Gold IL'ite

3 childrens+drive in saree
    be careful dear..dont take risks

8. SSSGupta

SSSGupta Gold IL'ite

DEar Bindu,

you and your precious children are so precious to put u all in risk.... You can wear salwars and choridar.... its quite normal now a days and try to buy some cheap car on installemnts...... god bless you....

9. BindhuSasidhar

BindhuSasidhar New IL'ite

Hi friends,, I have started using churidhar and find it more easy to balance while riding..Although I was not comfortable in this dress initially and scared of falling again, now i have adapted to wearing it..I don't want to risk my kids' life anymore..thank you all commentors.

1 person likes this.
  10. madhurisharma

madhurisharma New IL'ite

need more practice to Balance while riding, even if you wear other dresses and not steady at balancing even then you will be in trouble.