1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

is premarital sex right?

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by anurajiv, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pingme

pingme New IL'ite

True! Agree with you. Where were you all this time?....:)
    Here, People are breaking their heads trying to convince one another on one of the most _____________ topic. You fill in the blank.

This in my opinion has nothing to do with being RIGHT or WRONG. Yeah, what is right to one and seemed as 'necessary thing' may be totally sinful to the other.......simply doesn't appeal to their own personal beliefs.
    So, going on and on trying to say it is RIGHT and NEEDED in life is futile or saying that it is SINFUL is also baseless.

So, guys, stop breaking your heads on this and look into other threads too....my 2 cents!!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  2. rkp

rkp New IL'ite

Waiting till marriage is a measure of one's morals, integrity and character. Instead of doing it before marriage and being with loose morals, characterless etc. Men's brain is very visual instead of emotional like women's and they could just take advantage of the female and later just dump them.

There is plenty of time to do after marriage, then why do it before marriage?

I guess it is hard-wired in people's genetics to behave in a certain way.

Cheers.

3. Shabnam88

Shabnam88 New IL'ite

I think it is wrong. Even in the west, there is talk of chastity pledges/silver rings etc .

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

:boo:

I almost am ready to hear someone say next "Ummaachi kannai kuthidum, so avoid pre marital sex "

:boo:

5. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hmmm..Why is it so hard to disagree and carry on? What is the whole fun in pointing out the deficiencies in a school of belief? If I am unexposed to a particular idea of thought, I would tend to disagree on it. Peace out!

Arch

6. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Nothing wrong with disagreement. Except the people who are pro pre-marital sex have maintained a pro choice stance ( do whatever suits your personal whims and circumstances ) and the anti pre-marital sex people have dragged everything under the sun to attribute it to pre-marital sex ...be it teen pregnancies, date rapes, sexually transmitted diseases or the bubonic plague. And not to be left out, the loose morals, loose character, integrity etc etc. That makes for an amusing debate.

7. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

LOL what does that mean? (I can understand the latter part of the sentence).

8. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Malavika,

Premarital sex can be associated with all that you said, by people who disagree. That is what lack of acceptance can give. It is best left to be disagreed than to try and prove that is not right. And after all, it is only teen pregnancy ( means teens having sex, obviously pre-marital), lack of knowledge on the same( leading to unwanted pregnancies, STD's etc) and date rapes and not brain-drain, dowry and female infanticide that is associated by them. I wonder why such a big hue on it!

One more aspect to be considered is the reach of sex education in a region. If premarital sex is becoming a source of a gender's degradation ( as it does in India) and happens without consent or out of just hormones - then a uproar that you witness here is very obvious. There is a shift in thoughts, beliefs and premarital sex is certainly increasing, but as I said - acceptance wont happen and such associations will continue until they do so.

Arch

9. Sunny3

Sunny3 New IL'ite

Pretty soon this is yet another closed thread........!!!:rotfl

It is taking the dirty road of YOU vs ME............

People who had the chance to have Pre-Marital Sex will claim it is 'THE RIGHT' thing to do and people who did not have that chance will always call it immoral,illicit........whatever......place any adjective as you wish!

10. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Sunny,

It is more of what they have been exposed to as opposed to what they have done! We dont have too many women here on the "done" side as on the "not done" side. There are more on the "I choose not to" side. I believe there are always people on any side of a coin, and it is absolutely fair to be there and explain a prerogative if it is opposing or accepting. What I fail to stand is the lack of acceptance. If premarital sex cannot be accepted as a form of love and is viewed as a degrade of societal culture - it is best left to his/her school of thought. It is absolutely unfair to ridicule or make it sound as though premarital sex is indeed the best ever form of it. My answer to the OP's question would be this.

As long as you wont look back at the moment, a year later and curse yourself/feel guilty for having done it, it is fine.

It is immaterial if the relationship stood or not, in this context. On my personal level, it is not comfortable for me to expose into a physical relationship prior to a certain level of emotional maturity. I do not term a marriage as a form of emotional maturity, and in fact would prefer a marriage after I find myself ready for it.

Arch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.