1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is marriage important?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by winner09, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

:rotfl ....laughter is the best medicine

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

Dear!

of course these are the striking questions that all women have within themselves!

But india is the only country that as culture and traditions as its backbone!
    in other countries people just treat marriage as a relationship between two and they lead it only by themselves (meant that only relationship between two not a family background)
    but here its all that you need to cope up with the family members of your life patner!
    everything has been done for the reason!
    a female is been advised to live with the family of her husband because all that is a women in a family needs patience so to increase that!
    when you adjust those its easy for you to adjust your hubby and kids for their mistakes too!
    now see when your MIL makes mistake you can't even open the mouth to her it is just as a yoga or something else to build in patience within yourselves so your emotional characters will be controlled by yourself!
    you can ask me a question then why don't guys have this??
    a man in a family is just as the tyre of the vehicle to run!
    but a women is the engine which controls all the activities in a family! of course we can argue why this is not made as compulsory for men!
    we take all preferences in society and others respect women because of this patience she has and the ability to manage anything so we take this as our plus!
    marriage of course it is a must for both men and women! always you need a companion to share all your feelings even the one which you can share only to him!
    marry soon if you haven't to a nice and lovable man ! you understand what life is!
    there is a fulfillness when we even forgive things! enjoy that!:thumbsup

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am a married woman. Most of my friends, colleagues and relatives are married too. There is not one man in my acquaintance who thinks that marriage is simply a means to procreate and find a house keeper. I have seen my share of bad marriages too and there are as many bad wives as there are bad husbands. Being a woman does not automatically make a woman a wonderful spouse. I don't think I have ever come across a single failed marriage where the woman was as blameless as she claimed to be.

Men are just as sensitive as women are and they need just as much love and attention as we do. At least we can crib and cry about it. A man can't even get emotional without being labeled a sissy. To say that marriage for men is a frivolous affair is grossly unjust!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  4. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Well said, Gauri...I can't agree more on the above lines you have written. :)

5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

:clap Well said, Gauri (as always :))

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Appaadaa! Romba danksu! One could not have have found a better person than Gauri to say things crisply.
    I was doing the :rotfllaughter is the best medicine to preserve my sanity.

Jaya, mstrue appreciate the sentiment.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  7. kumudh

kumudh New IL'ite

For Importance Question, I would say it's irrelevant to the current times. True Fabric of a marriage is Love.. when that loves fades over period of time, what use of that marriage. I have seen it becomes a biggest drag for one's life as men or women had to drag this for long period of time with feeling like a big rock on shoulder. If all married men/women just imagine.. its like life without TV.. simple, an hour of no TV gives us ample time to retrospect and think we have suddenly have lot of time to pursue lot other interests.. same goes here.. if not this marriage, one has plenty of time pursue his/her own interests at his own will.. biggest gain is freedom, biggest lose is love.
    Important:
    With marriage, one has a feeling of secure, companionship ( you will feel this when you fall sick... if your single, it really hurts when no one could come to your side for help, pray or that simple love, that's when you feel alone in this world) also with marriage, both men/women walk the tight walks with some accountability to each other, at least self balancing our lives.

Not important: Having seen both sides of spectrum from distant friends, I would say one without marriage has less of troubles, less of responsibilities, more of happiness, more feeling of control in one's life. Marriage in recent days has become more of societal thing but people have to start living for themselves, their inner peace rather playing song for Society. At young age, all becomes so rosy we become trapped in this but as the years goes by, marriage do really sour.. may be for this reason, in western society no marriage lasts 5 years.. they simply change spouses as new love blossoms & get on with their lives but leave side effects & baggage that is harmful to society..

whether marriage is important or not, if every men/women comes in to this institution with full set of expectations & get ready to learn and experience the rough nature of it, then i think its worth.. otherwise.. it's not for everyone.

As reg to the women coming out of her house to join the husband, well -- actually both men & women coming out of their house and start a new house... that's about it.. even men comes out from his protective family & start a new life.. that too with great responsibility in his shoulder... the pressure on him is more than her.. at least when women didn't like the company or cry and go to her parents house.. where can a Men can go? mostly he is suffering silently with dear ones left to the parents house leaving him alone.. instead of facing the issue together. In one of the instance, my lady friend hubby was asked to go out of the house by the lady friend & he did go out and stayed in a room or something...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
  8. winner09

winner09 New IL'ite

Going through the discussions of some ladies here i understand tat a women can well understand a men only when she is married to a lovable n caring men.

But the fact is that women is the one who has to tolerate all kinds of abuses. If it is not the case people would have stopped talking about women idependence and also the "marriage, spouse and in laws" forum of Indusladies will be filled with all beautiful posts which explains the sweet memories of married life.(Unfortunately I could see only very very few posts like that).

I strongly agree that women are a major part of problems caused in anybody's married life particularly when they play the role of MIL and SIL. They do forget that they have played / they are to play the role of wife and become narrowminded.

Despite the fact that India is tremendously developing, it still lives in villages and so there is a long way to go towards developing women's life quality not only for their successful life but also to let live others happily.

9. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

If reading several posts on indusladies dont count to bad experiences of your acquiantances/ readings then I get clarification on your counting skills and statistical data collection.
    dont underestimate the pain of lot many ladies :coffee.I guess You simply raise yourself from any MUD and say there's no MUD around.

Eg: My parents were always posing very good image of their SnIL and they were deeply shocked to witness public display of indifference from my husband... and told me what shall others think.. I told them speak thruth and they'll tell you truth of their kids... and it indeed happened.

Coming to the topic......... nothing is really more important than living a respectful life.. with or without marriage.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
  10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Are all men are evil and all women angels? All I said was that there are as many bad wives as there are bad husbands. My own in-laws have a very bad marriage and I have posted about it on IL. They cannot stand each other even though they are excellent people in their own right. Even there, the fault is not my FIL's alone, my MIL is as much to blame for their fights. I never said that I have not seen bad marriages or divorces. I have seen enough, even testified in court during one particularly bad one. But I take no sides. Both sides had their share of the blame. And yes I have seen a grown man cry and suffer through his divorce. To say that he was only looking for someone to procreate with and be his housekeeper is not fair and I do not agree with that.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010