1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is leaving Kids at home alone ok?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Sonya4mdelhi, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Sonya4mdelhi

Sonya4mdelhi Senior IL'ite

As more and more women choose to be working mothers, there is a culture of leaving children alone with grandparents or servants is building in India. Kids are left alone for a huge part of the day and when their parents return they are often too tired or busy with household things spent time with them...

Is it right? Shouldn't at least one parent try to devote time to the kids?

2. renvem

renvem Senior IL'ite

i doubt if parents do that willingly

who doesn't want to spend time with kinds...but i am sure in india people have a lot of other type of responsiblities and their personal aspirations too that hinder in the way

it's okay to leave the kids if u have grand parents at home....it's good for both as they get time to spend with each other...

but yeah if it is kids alone at home or with servants...then it's risky and not good at all....instead working mothers should help other housewives friends of theirs to set up a kind of day care....where kids can get company and house wives get to have some kind of employment and earn some money too

3. snowshiva

snowshiva Senior IL'ite

leaving kids with grandparents is okay but with maid is not acceptable. Instead of maid, you can consider day care. Atleast kids can mingle with same age group and learn some useful things...
    in this competitive world, everyone wants to live a rich life and wants to give as much as possible to their kids. That leads both parents to work.
    i dont want to argue whether it is right or wrong but today's trend is changed in that way.

Shiva

4. Roopali

Roopali New IL'ite

I think leaving kids alone help them become more independent. But very little kids should not be left alone as they need the care and and love of their parents.

Once they are 5 or 6 years olds, they can be left with a maid or grand parent.