1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is it Possible To Love 2 People at the same time?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Neha1911, Feb 8, 2012.

1. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

IMO, I would strongly suggest a BIG NO!! That too, when you are just solving your problems with your DH, surely any man will think that you had done this to get him back! I dont think its a good idea now that too when your are not completely out of the relationship with the other guy.

First, your priority is too come out of the relationship and make your relationship with husband stronger.
    Just focus on getting ride of that guy now!

2. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Hey Good Mornign. Good mornign folks.

I would not say this to anybody Neha. Not trying to influence you, but if i were you - i would not. I have my priorities different. So depends on you? what is important to you?

You know how much it hurt you when you came to know about your hubs fling with his past flame. Would you want give that hurt to him? Or chances are (may or may not you know your hub best), during fights - this thing might be used to hurt you/put you down. this is what my mind can think of. For me these are improtant than being honest/protecting riights of the partner to choose whther or not live with you.

1 person likes this.
  3. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Well..That is something to think about. Never occurred to me until IndiaFunTube mentioned it.

Neha, you know your husband very well, the history and the problems that you are trying to set right now.
    Its up to you to decide if he'll be able to cope if you told him about this.

But my opinion would be, since you have been pretty serious about this other guy and he's been reciprocating the same to you, I am not sure if he'll let go of you that easily. If he does, good for all of you. And I'd say stick to fading this whole episode out and let it be.
    If there is a problem in sorting this out, and if this guy threatens to make it difficult to let go, I would say it would be better to tell your husband. In some ways it would be better to come clean and start fresh.

4. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

aaha....see... :)

now that that is resolved, lets get to next steps...part 2 :) that is how to go about cutting this other guy. we shd be concentrating on that Neha.

Edit: So for that you have to tell us a littleb about this other guy - agressive? possessive? types? so we can think of how best we can distance ourselves form him without any damage.

5. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

You just started thinking about other relation and about your friend.For you cearly knows it's not a right thing.

First come out of it completly.Second thing,it doesn't matter weather you want be with your husband or not but you can't destory other women life.PERIOD. And you will die with that guilt for life long.So you better make your priorities straight and come out it.

Work on it for a year and see how things go.

6. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

I do agree with the Deepa and Naksh that if your husband saw it as tit-fot-tat, it won't help anyone.
    Let the relationship end first. See how it goes and then decide on anything else.

7. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

hehehehe. am glad SSC. On a side note - Sri Vi - I dont knwo if we can close the account just like tat, i may b ewrong but with soem email providers like gmail - we cant close the account i guess. with that i would stop this digression and steer the post back to Neha.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  8. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

Disclosing your emotional EMA, if I can call it that, to your h is highly moral, almost in a Harischandra sort of way. But if you plan to continue with this marriage, what's the point? You will be disturbing your H's peace of mind, and in turn your own peace of mind. Since your h s friends with other guy, there might be friction there as well. You'll end up with more problems than you already have on hand. I simply don't see the point in disclosing this to your h. Choice is clearly moral versus practical.

But I do have a naughty suggestion. If you do want to disclose this to your hubby, wait for two of you to get very old. When you become a retired couple and have even gone beyond mid life crisis, you can discuss with him about this to bring some spice int life. Who knows, then even he may have something similar to share with you ;)

9. Neha1911

Neha1911 Senior IL'ite

He's generally a nice guy, humble. He's not aggressive. If he gets angry he would rather walk outside and smoke a cigarette than stand there and quarrel. He's a professional, career wise and he's always careful about the image of his character to the public and his family and friends, so I'm thinking he may not try to be too troublesome about a break up because he wouldn't want to risk it becoming public knowledge.

10. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

lol..naughty and spicy..That is what death beds are for!!

2 people like this.