Is It Okay To Circulate Pics Of Dead Body In Whatsapp, Telegram Etc?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Anusha2917, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Today it was a sad day for the people of Karnataka as we witnessed death of a good actor who was only 46 years. A sad and shocking news indeed.
    However even before the news was official his picture(dead body)from the hospital started circulating in many groups.
    I was not comfortable seeing that pic and replied in one group (with around 200 women) requesting them not to forward the pic. Many agreed with me and put a thumbs up and added +1 etc.
    But a couple of them seemed to disagree (which I was totally fine with) . One wrote a very elaborate message saying how we make actors and every fan deserve to see the actor's last pic etc etc. I didn't reply nor anyone agreed to her. However it had me thinking if its okay to circulate pics of dead body (celebrity or common man) in social media?

Oh yes some news channels were also flashing that pic. :)

Last year we lost a very close aunt. Lock down and covid didn't allow many relatives from different part of the country to attend the funeral.
    My cousin was circulating pic of my aunt's body (her mother) to many in WhatsApp,especially to those who could not make it to the funeral. I didn't get into any "Gyan giving" mode but I wasn't comfortable at all.

What do u feel? In this digital age it is fine to circulate pic of dead body?

2. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Totally agree with you Anusha. I strongly believe a person that has passed away should be given that dignity, no pictures to be shared especially on social
    Media. This is atrocious.

joylokhi, Anusha2917 and anika987 like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Are u talking about kannada actor Puneet rajkumar?

very shocking!!!!

Have not seen his movies but know he is famous.very sad and shocking...rip...

Anusha2917 likes this.
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Yes Anika.
    Since he had a cardiac arrest while having his morning workout in the gym so many messages stating how working out more in the gym leads to death etc. These speculations are even more worrisome.

When Sridevi expired so many forwards that she died because of botox treatment n all..

5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

very very sad....

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Other than the immediate family members what is the need for others to see the body of a departed public figure? It’s ghoulish and inappropriate.
    Anusha, in your cousin’s case it looks like she was trying to compensate for the lack of physical presence. Usually the entire family comes rushing together for such news. I would cut her some slack.

Anusha2917 likes this.