1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is it absolutely necessary to make love on the first night? Getting married soon!!

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by AmritaSharma85, Oct 3, 2012.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Re: Is it absolutely necessary to have sex on the first night? I'm getting married so

It is absolutely up to the couple, and it is better if you guys have discussed it before the actual first night; hence no need to disappoint someone unnecessarily on that special day.

In my community, we send the couple to a hotel or resort on their wedding night. Right after the wedding day, they are expected to go to that "resort" in the evening itself. So, you have enough time to rest and then have "your special first night" without feeling too tired.

But the "actual" relationship of course starts during your honeymoon period, as you both are just left out in your dream land without having to think about any pending issues or deadlines.

So, better talk to your would be about this, and plan for it. After all, in a few days, he is gonna be yours.

1 person likes this.
  2. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

Re: Is it absolutely necessary to have sex on the first night? I'm getting married so

What SGBV suggests is the best idea. However if this is not possible sleep separately and celebrate the first night till all the wedding festivities are completely over and you both are very relaxed. Till then postpone the 'first night'. Infact the first night must be made memorable with sex. Till then sleep separately.

Nandita

3. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

Case specific. But in arranged marriage, it would be nice if the couple has some understanding and acceptance of each other before the act

4. pritavi

pritavi Senior IL'ite

My wife is a doctor and I am a non medico person. Both of us were so shy to discuss this point before marriage. Then she took a bold move and messaged me that she wants both of us to visit one of her doctor friend who was Gynac student at the time. Her friend was also a lady so I was sooo embarrassed infront of both ladies while discussing about sex :hide:. But her friend was so good in counseling. She gave lot of information about different contraception methods, their pros and cons, precautions to be taken on first night etc.
    Infact this session helped to burst the balloon and helped both of us to read each others mind better. :cheers

2 people like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Amrita,

Like all have said, it depends on you and your husband.

You mentioned the topic has not yet come up though you've gone out on dates etc. My guess is that it is tougher for the guy to bring up the topic as it could make him seem pushy (?) and might startle the girl (though 27 is not a very startle-able age, even if virgin :) ). It is easier for the girl to bring it up casually. Maybe, casually mention that a friend was asking you if you've looked into birth control options...and see where the conversation goes. If I were getting arranged-married, here is what I might say to my fiance when out on a date:

[ After the coffee and other stuff has arrived, the server/waiter has departed, we've added sugar etc, and conversation is a li'l bit lagging,and we find ourselves looking at neighboring tables ]
    Ummm... so I was talking to my friend Urvashi, about the lehenga I am going to wear in the reception, and she startled me by saying lehenga and all that is fine, but had I looked into birth control... and if I was going to take care of it, or you. Are you? Going to take care of it? Of birth control? Say na? ​

:)

Oh to be of 'startle-able' age. Sigh. :)

6. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

:yes: ...... my long-time question got answer!!!!!
    sorry guys for deviating from the topic.....just that since childhood i always used to wonder what happens on the first night and once i got to know what actually i was like :eek ... i staunchly told my mo that i will never bare all for my husband on my very first night with him.......she being the epitome of shyness kept alternating between :shock::redface::rant ......

Since mine is a love marriage and we (ie me and my DH) kind of did it way before of our wedding ......:shhh:...... i still didnt get my answer.

I kept on asking my DH and he kept on giving me a wierd smile .... :roll: ... and asked me to ask my SIL during her wedding for the details if i wanted any.....:hide: ... since i couldnt muster courage to ask her abt it.....i made a pact ..no i kind of forced my sis into promising me to telling me what happens during her first night ... hehe....:twisted: ....

since then the poor thing is Witsend .... whenever we talk about her wedding .... will relieve her today from my crazy pact

7. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

depends on how comfortable u guys are with eachother.

no hard and fast rules exist for this one.

goodluck.

8. Barnowl

Barnowl Gold IL'ite

Goodness me. I'm way past the startleable age and you had me there.

Birth control topics in a restaurant? Really?

Though, the tone can be set, if the nearby tables are occupied by shrieking kids, hollering mums and harassed dads.

So, if you want to start off on birth control and create an appropriate ambience, go to a McD.

1 person likes this.
  9. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

That depends upon how hot fella is.:)

2 people like this.
  10. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

Yes it's absolutely neccessary that you do it on the first night. I hope you have been given the precise time.:)

You see we are at the brink of apocolypse:drowning and to save the human kind you have to take the step and save us all. And since this is a high profile issue please don't hesitate to ask us further details like place position latitude longitude.