1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is It A Friendship Betrayal?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by YaminiOm, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Domestic Violence
    Domestic violence is when an intimate partner psychologically and/or physically abuses and/or neglects his or her partner to gain control and power over them. The abuser will use threats, physical abuse, psychological abuse, sexual abuse, and economic abuse to keep the abused person feeling isolated, scared, and worthless.
    Who are the Victims of Domestic Violence
    Anyone can be victimized by domestic violence. In fact, domestic violence can occur in relationships of all socio-economic classes, religion, and races. Domestic violence is usually directed at women, yet some men can be abused by their wives.

shravs3 likes this.
  2. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

May be I am wrong; I was under the impression irrespective of immoral/illegal, women getting drunk is not a common thing in India. Perhaps, equality justifies. So, married women can start having closeness or cross the boundaries with other men. Not that it is not happening.

All said and done about her H, there is a bigger problem beyond this incident. In India divorce is becoming an easy solution like in western culture.

Just an FYI: I for one was very much against dowry system and applauded when today's younger women found their mates. I also strongly believe that women should be equal partners in every aspect of life including working and earning.

When a woman becomes an equal partner, H not only respects his DW, he is also very proud of her. With feminism, equality, independence goes responsibility; can't whine or be a primadonna.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  3. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

You may not agree with me; but, majority of the domestic violence results from drinking problem across the socio-economic class

4. Sunshine04

Can op husband have closeness with her friend??

nakshatra1 and shravs3 like this.
  5. Sunshine04

It's not relevant here. OP has no drinking problem.
    Nonsense

nakshatra1 and shravs3 like this.
  6. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

This is in response in general to the "Domestic Violence" issue that was brought up.

7. Sunshine04

Ok.
    OP is facing emotional and psychological abuse from her spouse . It comes under domestic violence

nakshatra1 likes this.
  8. Sunshine04

True. Statistics in India show that women are more victims of abuse due to drinking problem

shravs3 likes this.
  9. Sunshine04

10. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

The only person here justifying married people straying is you. I asked u a simple question which is worse- wife got drunk once or husband having affair with another woman, and to focus on the bigger problem here that is her husband's emotional cheating and abuse.. Don't know where u got that logic of me justifying cheating .In no post have I justified anyone cheating their spouse, Infact I'm asking u to not justify her husband's emotional affair and abuse.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Sunshine04 likes this.