1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is it a Curse to Have only DAUGHTERS.....???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by brindhak, May 7, 2008.

1. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

My sweet Sriniketen Mam...
    I was really wondering.... Where did my Friend go... You never miss even a sinlge poem of mine to quote your comments...At last i got your feedback here.......

I think most of us are sailing in the same boat.... All are having some heart breaking clashes with inlaws.. somtimes hubby also like in pavi post....

love
    brindha

2. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear ANK..
    Thanx for your valuable feedback.... Hope time changes and also the inlaws recognize that DIL' also have reponsibiltes to take care of their parents..
    I dont know whats going to put an END for their SELFISHNESS.....

Love
    brindha.

3. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Daughters are always loving and caring. I've seen many families with 'only daughters' and 'only sons'. The 'only daughters' families are better than 'only sons' families. The parents are getting more support (both monetary and moral support) from their daughters than from their daughters in law. The attitude of sons in law is also slowly changing towards their parents in law. Time has changed. And there are signs that the scene will change a lot tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Lakshmi

4. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi...

Thankyou Very much for your decisive feedback..
    Its Vibrant from your post that you have lot of confidence in tomorrow
    society... Lets all hope for the Same...

Love
    brindha..

5. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Oh Sweet Vidya..

Dont mention words like ThanX dear... Im much privileged to share a Soundful issue with all my friends here...... Indus had made it to Happen..

Love
    brindha.

6. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hi all

reg:""""""""our in hospital this I have witnessed from years that 80% times it is the daughter who is staying in hospital to help ill parents rather than DIL."""""""

I take pride in telling you friends, that my DIL belongs to the 20% of the above.My husband had had a sudden heart attack, and just a month ago,my son had gone abroad officially on a project.My DIL had left her job and was waiting to join him,but was in another state, to be with her parents before the trip.Me and my college going daughter were alone in a small town,where we didn't have any relatives to help immediately.I was dazed and shocked.

My DIL rushed to our town, train hopping, inspite of some political crisis in the state due to "jayalalitha's arrest".Not only that, the three of us took turns, nursing him back to health, in the hospital,and after that at home.It was perfect co-ordination, and she had been married only for an year then.She didn't flinch even for a second to do even the dirtiest work for my husband.I could feel her sensitivity, and caring nature.Also I felt like I had my son with me, and felt that confidence in her presence.

And I should mention that my SIL is also no different, which
    makes me wonder how blessed I am!

7. soji

soji New IL'ite

Hi Ladies, I have gone through all the posts here. Now i would like to say the custom prevailing in our community.In our community parents are staying with their daughter only. After marriage the boy come and stay in the wife's house. So Most of the MIL ,FIL problems are not there.We usually have problems when the parents have only boys. Here every parents wish for atleast a girl child. Girl Child is a GIFT

8. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi all...

when i read the topic i was thinking about how generally people think the birth of girl...but this problem is more prominent...i think most of us go through this situation,,,including me.....i read most of the topics and started thinking my condition five years back....in my in laws family my mother in law never has been a prolem..but there was a big boss my sister in law and father in law being the only daughter she always wanted to rule..even she tried to interfere with our personal life when we should go to bedroom when should watch tv so many nuisance....but there was always a plus point husbands support and it saved me...my mother in law used to feel bad and she was forced to do wrong with which i realized very late bcoz by that time i too became arrogant in behavior just for them....they too tried to interfere when my father used to come to visit us...he used to come from UP to chennai but they always wanted me to keep busy...but i had a solution but it was not so good...but what to do i had to make my father feel welcome or i am going to do same with them too...i consider both of them as my parents then u too have to respect my parents.....ok i was telling the solution.....when i saw everyone is trying to keep me busy then i told my MIL and SIL in front of my husband that everyday i am taking care of everything so, i need you too help me so that i can have a good time for my father...but as i told u...i become arrogant when they didnt helped me for evening snacks and dinner then next day after breakfast i went for shopping, next day we went to park..finally they understood i will not agree this insult to my father that you show him..oh your daughter dont have time for you, she have to give importance to ger inlaws....i am facing consequences of these but i think....i dont feel guilty..i am correct..

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  9. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Soji..

this is so good..i have heard of such community in kerala where mothera surname is used generally....i have one friend from kerala she intead of writing her surname uses her mothers name..anyways this community is good.....

10. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Kaluputti Mam,

Really you are Blessed.. And Your DIL too...... I hope you have treated her as your own Daughter .. I think Your love had made miracles.... If MIL treats the girl as their own daughter... most of the problem is solved...

ThanX for Sharing this Mam..
    Love
    brindha

Last edited: May 9, 2008