1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is having a second child isolatory for the mother(initially?)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by naazneen, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friends,
    i am preg with my 2nd child.i too faced the confusion which many ladies face whether to go for 2nd one or not.then i remembered my happy childhood spent with my brother.also certain decision have to be taken only at particular time of life .i mean we ladies can take decision of having child at only some defined age limit(22-35) if we want to have healthy baby.so i thought lets go for it.also ,why should i deny my son the joy of having a sibling.
    many ladies are worried that their older one will feel neglected.but that is upto us.we should take steps to ensure the elder one does not feel unloved or neglected. thou a little neglect also is helpful for kid's growth .as being a mother with single child till now ,i felt it was my responsibility to play with him ,to help him ,in general be always at his beck & call. but not anymore.now that i need rest i tell him to play himself & am amazed the ways he finds to keep himself busy.
    also i feel,he is going to learn new meaning of love,that is love is in sharing ,caring,forgiving ,supporting the other one.
    but the most imp thing i WANT another child & that is the real thing.whatso ever any one say whether in support or otherwise that my friends is most imp factor in this decision.one should be clear in mind that i am ready to nuture another baby,physically,emotionally & socially.

2. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

I agree all ladies here giving their honest n heartfelt advices but what about those mums...who are in guilt...wish they could give their kid a sibling but cannot due to may be some health reasons...Ilites...plz provide some mental support and advices to brings such minds to peace .:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

I and my sib are very very close..DD is almost 5 now but for some reasons plus medical issues with me, me and DH are not willing to try for another. But I feel bad within for DD. I ask DH " Who will she chat with against us n the genration gap...who will she put forth to butter us for any of her requirements...who will she ask to plz support her n lie for her...etc etc..." I and my sib enjoyed all this..yes its all to be enjoyed n we remember those times till yet..i know however close we be to DD...age gap... kind of relation ... all this always remains...BUTT again..how do I take this out of my mind I know I cant help it....we have decided thinking over this for LOOONG ... but I again feel sad when relatives...friends and everyone starts again telling us the benefits of a sibling...

Dh is not as such quite close to his 2 sibs....so he says it can be either ways...then why compromise on health n DD's upbringing...hmmphh... :|