1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is Divorce an Amusement Park?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Jun 25, 2011.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

While I was waiting for Indus Ladies forum to come online, I came across an artical in the New York Times, How Divorce lost its Cachet.

I have read marriage horror stories on IL, and many times, there are ways to work it out. Other times, it is better to run for one's life, i.e. if the husband is physically abusive.

But the women referred to in this artical are usually well-educated, attractive, married the man because "they were in love", rather than pressured by their parents. And in USA, laws and societies are in favor of the woman - I am hard-pressed to hear about any man in USA pull what Indian, or ABCD (American Born Cute Desi) men pull once they are married. You certainly don't hear stories about new brides committing suicide because they cannot furfill their new family's dowry demands.

Sexual intercourse is a union between man and woman, where they are united in body-mind-and-spirit. And when you start mistreating the person you are have been united with, what does that make you? And if you use the "D" word as soon as the going gets tough, what does that make you?

I've never dated, nor have been married, and even though I have dreamed of a happy marriage my whole adult life, these type of articals put me down.

How do you
    - marry someone you cannot live without?
    - work as a team?
    - work through the stresses of life, instead of running away?
    - give 110% to the marriage, instead of thinking, "me, me, me"

If the above points are addressed, only then the marriage is a match made in heaven.

Are there any happily married people reading this? If you are reading this, I'm sure marriage is continual learning about yourself and each other.

2. dipshikha

dipshikha Junior IL'ite

Hello zipzipzoomzoom,

Superb entry ..Short and thought provoking. A nice fable .

very nicely analyzed the marraige issue and came up with amazing points .. need to follow those points when ever there is dejections in my married life..

cheers

3. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Z,

A very good analysation to be viewed and noted by every girl. Nice collection of thoughts and views my dear