1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Irresponsible husband mother in law blame me

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by deepika9594, Sep 27, 2013.

1. deepika9594

deepika9594 New IL'ite

It is almost 4 yrs of our marriage when i got married I was not at all aware about his financial status but after marriage I come to know that they are under a lot of debt my husband has taken a loan for marriage I was working I truly help him I started contributing for his debt even I mortgage my all jwellery to help him almost for 2yrs I hide all the thing from my parents when my parents force to tell me what happen to my jwellery I broke my Fixed Depsit and given all the money to husband to bring jwellery back like this I was hiding things from my parents so I mortgage jwellery for my husband and I only brought back it . after god bharai on 7[SUP]th[/SUP] month as per ritual I was suppose ti go to my parents house after that all drama started my husband broke the cupboard and given all the jwellery to someone he started gambling I was totally unaware about this I was still contributing for his previous debt when I delivered and come back to him I just open my cupboard and realize my jwellery was missing I got shocked when I check his bank pass book I was he has taken lacs of Rupees loan when I enquired about the jwellery he said that his friend was in troublw so he has givne him and for that bank loan he said that I was involved in gambling and all the money had gone there I was completely finished that my I was not understanding how can one man think like this now he has double responsibility me and my child I but he still behave irresponsible he is not bother about his job and income and till date is is almost 2yrs he has not brought my jwellery back if I tell anything to my mother in law for the same she blame me that you don’t know how to cunningly get all the work done from your husband she blame me for everything.
    On the other hand brother in law has got married in jan they are leaving with us only and our is very small house it is difficult to stay all people together + lot of saman which co-sister has brought in her marriage legally it is our home which was aloted to my husband from his job we told brother in law before his marriage that you look for different accommodation but he didn’t care got married now slowly slowly occupying the whole house space it really hurt me a lot how both of them manage there finance together they don’t contribute at home they spend on themselves . I don’t know why my husband don’t understand that I really think that my husband is mentally blind who cant see and change himself.
    My mother in law blame me for my husband behavior. Dear all ladies I have tried all possible way to make him understand but nothing had worked. now I am earning taking care of kid expenses alone. pls tel me really I am the culprit or I am dum.

2. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

Sorrt to say, But i feel you are both. I just see that you tried very hard to be a Generous wife like those shown in Old Movies. Wake up gal and start taking the things under your control as Your husband is irresponsible. Set the Rules in your house, discuss with your co-sis about their plans, if they want to continue staying at your house, make them share half of the household expenditure and stop paying for your husband's debt and start saving for your kid's future. Let your husband work his ass off to pay his debts, he cannot depend on wife to pay his irresponsible debts.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Your are both. Why did you take it upon yourself to pay off debt? Why did you keep your jewelery at home when you know him?

Stop giving him money Have a separate account. Let him pay for debt and for household expenses. Tell BIL and family to move out.

4. friendlygirl

friendlygirl Silver IL'ite

Deepika

I think you know the answer for your questions.
    People like your dh, bil, sil and ils take advantage because you let them.
    This may sound harsh but like another mentioned...why would you leave the.jewellery, repay his debt and not be firm when you want your bil and.sil.to move out.

Stand up for yourself..make your parents aware and give your remaining jewelry back to them...so that it.is.safe...give no more money to your ils or to your husband....in a way your mil.is.correct..you need to be smart...agreex zhe didnt do a good.job of.bringing up her son...but he is now your husband and it is your life...so be.smart..and make right decisions..

5. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

your husband is not fulfilling his responsibilities on his place you are doing so right.. so just get up and start acting on his place too. decide what you feel right for your house, members living in it as you are the earning member so about finance n your kid. Don't look at anyone just think about you and your kid