1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Irregular periods

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by prathi, Sep 21, 2005.

1. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

Re: Can somebody tell me

i used hav this problem bf marriage.. this is due to hormonal imbalnce or having sme tension for too long...i think u shud consult a gynec and tak car of urself h. hav good diet coz it vill decrease ur HB.

2. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Re: Can somebody tell me

I would suggest that you check your next two periods. If they are still irregular, consult a Gyneac and they will suggests for hormonal tests. Everyday you take good balanced diet and go for walk for 30 mins. All the best!!!

3. Lakshmisrini

Lakshmisrini New IL'ite

Dear all

I have been suffering from PCOD since 10years
    Im under treatment in both alopathy and homeopathy.
    Homeopathy just started.
    Can somebody tell me how long will it take to regularise my periods...
    Has any one got it cured?
    Im much worried

4. nain

nain New IL'ite

A very informative post; I had been through these irregular periods chaos: and its very stressful :drowningonce u know that suddenly u have skipped ur monthly periods: I did visit a gynec: she told me to take thyroid test as other test were normal: once those test were normal as I had put weight she told me reduce weight: well at that particular time my servant suggested me this medicine: for one glass of water one tabelspoon jeera(cumin seed); 1/4 tabelspoon ovum(thyme seed) and 1tsp jaggery boil the water till it reduces 1/2 glass water drink this concotion three times a day( in the morning empty stomach,before lunch and before dinner). and if u still feel there is no change then have one papaya fruit along with the concotion. I do this 3-4 days before my periods and till 5th day of my period and I even do brisk walking in weekends and during my periods. Please check ur self if ure pregnant ; or if ure allergic any of the above ingridents . pregnant ladies shdnt take this concotion. Take a thorough check from ure gynec and try to find the cause bcos it might be due to weight or something minor or it could be something major too....take care.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  5. Niruchandu

Niruchandu New IL'ite

Getting periods b4 achual dates

Hi Friends,

I got married 7 months back, b4 marriage my periods dates were exact. After marriage first 2 months things were fine. Then my periods use to prepone or postpone ,now a days i am unable to predict my periods dates. :drowning

Last month i got on 25th Nov , this month i got 20th Dec flow also less.from past 3-4 days i am feeling vy tried , got head ache, unnessary feel like crying. :idea

so plz help me our regarding this, waiting for ur comments:hiya

Regards,
    Niru

6. Lakshmisrini

Lakshmisrini New IL'ite

Re: did anyone ve this prob?

Hi

Try eating complex carbohydrates like wheat.
    As they take time to digest, it will be filling and less craving for food.
    Avoid fatty foods and sugar.
    Eat nuts like almonds and walnuts. Leafy vegetables and fruits.

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Getting periods b4 achual dates

Hi Niru,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum.
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

First congrats on your marriage. For many women, after marriage periods are said to defer than before marriage. May be due to sudden food culture or new environment.

If you have increased in weight compared to earlier one, try to make it come back to normal. Try to lead a healthy life style. Do regular exercises. If your periods doesn't seem to come to regular, meet a gynec & clear your doubts...

8. yashika

yashika New IL'ite

Dear Prathi,

Thanks for sharing such a nice article.
    Spreading awareness is the best way to avoid problems in future.

Regards

9. tiehxoxo

tiehxoxo New IL'ite

Thanks for such an informative post. It's an old post but still I learned a lot from it. Irregular periods is what I don't want, for it can lead to infertility. With that I will be forced to adopt just to have a child of my own.

10. dheeranjali

dheeranjali New IL'ite

Need Help. in Problem

Hi,
    I have been to this forum many times for reading and increasing knowledge. Thanks to all the ilites who post such information that make our life easy at times when there is no one to guide us. But this time i think i m facing some serious issue for which i would require help from you guys.
    I have issues with my mensuration cycle . ALthough on and off issues kept on popping which I had never took serious or bothered myself , but it had made me think real hard this time.
    I got married in Feb 2008. Soon after marraige it was all well for few months until my husband said that he is not ready for a kid right now. My husband never took any precautions irrespective of me saying him to do that he always wanted me to work on this. On top of that i had mood swings problems as it was a very new environment for me. i was finding it very unadjustable. So on suggestion of my cousin sister who is a gynae i started taking contraceptive pills in Sep 2008 . I took it to make cycle more regularise and pain free and to help me in mood swings. i used to feel gud as there was no tension for fixed period of time about periods. Then my Mom and mom in law started saying that Contraceptive pills will have bad effect on your health . And even i wanted to start my family so i stopped taking pills from April 2009. That was the time from where all the problem started .

Soon after i stopped taking Loette tabs, i got very delayed periods almost after 41 days for the first time and then it was after every 20 days. for the first 2-3 months i thought must be bcos i have stopped taking pills . But then i realised after 5 months when there was no change it was exactly after every 20 days. THe only diffeence was that it was not painful as earlier and i started having very less flow . Then i visited doc and got few blood tests done, Ultrasound of pelvis was also performed and to my surprise all the reports were normal but it was very worrying situation for me . Then in the month of September i got Throyid test done and found TSH level on border in blood. Then on doc advise i started taking half pill of thyronorm as i was highly stressed out and this was the easy way to release myself from the effects of the stress. My personal life is highly distrubed. I took it for 2months and even then the periods was after 20 days.

Now since OCT 26 as that was the last time i had three days long period i had got no periods at all and that happened after i have stopped taking thyronorm. i got spotting for half day on Nov 15 and then i did the Home preg Test on dec 12 which turned out to be negative. Then on Jan 8 I did the test again which is again Negative and on jan 13 i had spotting again and no periods.

I just have no clue what is going on . Regarding the physical intimacy , It very lessnowdays as we are getting highly incompatible from last 5-6 months. I am not sure what to do in this case ? I even do not experience any pregnancy sign. THen what may be the reason for this state. i never ever had such delayed periods. The major worry for me is if it is going to effect me in conceiving bcos i want to start my family now. :rant

Pls help me and guide me . i just dnt understand where should i go or to whom i should seek support? My gynae is out of town and wll be back after Jan 20. :bonk