1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Iqbal

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Gem, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Gem

Gem New IL'ite

I am forever late in watching movies, so I don't know if this is a very new movie. Iqbal is the movie I watched recently and it is a beautiful movie. It is about a mute young boy who has dreams of achieving greatness. He loves cricket. His cheerful nature, determination and love for his family is very inspiring. It how about his single-mindedness attitude in his acheiving his dream. Has anyone watched it?

Similar Threads
    1. nelson111
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. meera7
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. Nagma
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. sushmasampath

sushmasampath New IL'ite

hi gem,

I agree with you totally.i love this movie so much that i watch it every time it is being played on any channel....only to be scolded by my husband.

it has such a positive feeling about it,a deaf and mute boy getting a place in indian team,its such a impossible feat.but when you watch it it seems so real.i just loved the girl who played his sister....even drunkard coach played by nasser.shreyas talpade who played the role of protagonist is outstanding.

This movie is directed by NAGESH KUKANOOR,if you love his style of film making then watch another movie DOR,directed by him and send me reviews.

:2thumbsup:

3. vidisha

vidisha Senior IL'ite

hello,
    I did not watch iqbal movie....
    But i did c Dor...It is a wonderful movie.....I think must see movie....:yes:

Loved it....

Vidisha:wave

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I have been a fan of nagesh kukunoor from the hyderabad blue days to ..dor. his screenplay is simple downto earth.. realistic.

iqbal must have been a motivational film for lot of young children out there including my kids.

love,
    shanthi.