Intersting News paper articles

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by manjulapathy, Aug 19, 2009.

1. manjulapathy

manjulapathy Senior IL'ite

Can we start a new thread where we can share any interesting / weird / funny / news articles we come across daily?

Today I read an article in Hindu. This is a story about a girl called Minda. She was born in the year 1989. Very cute looking girl minus arms and legs . she was abondened by her parents and was given shelter by Ashraya seven months later. This journalist took photo of her and it was published in the paper. That was a great sensation next day and American single parent called catherine cox wanted to adopt her. It was not a cake walk for her .After a lot of formalities she could adopt Minda. Now as Minda was keen to meet her biological parents they have come to India, Karnataka.The parents were traced after a mangalore reporter picked up the story. Atlast after a lot of struggle Minda met her parents who were in kolekebailu village 30 kms from manipal. Her mother kalavathy shetty broke down and was consoled by the daughter she had given up. best thing is she told her mom that she did the right thing otherwise she would not have got this life!! Now the two seperated by the continents and cultures had to communicate with the help of translator. kalavathy shetty told catherine "I gave her birth ; you gave her life ".
    I dont know I felt very weird after reading this. It is almost like kannathil muthhamittal film!!!
    manjula

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009

2. manjulapathy

96 year old Indian origin is world oldest blogger!!!:bowdown
    He lives in Florida. Randall Buitsingh popular blog was recently awarded the Greypow awrad for the best senior site by the website lifebeginsat80.com which periodically lists the best senior sites on the web:clap:clap

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  3. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Very Interesting! Manjula, the first story is indeed like KM. I will post whenever I come across interesting feeds. Recently read a story on a pre natal infant declared dead, and waking up for the funeral 8 hours later!

4. manjulapathy

Thank you archana!!
    Post interesting subjects /articles whenever you get time
    manjula

5. manjulapathy

Hi all!!
    I couldn't post anything as I had guests at home. No one seems to be interested in some interesting articles. Let me post some now..
    Buyer can cancel deal if builder delays the project - consumer court.
    The developer is duty - bound to return the amount paid by the buyer when there is delay in execution of housing project and buyer is within his rights to cancel the agreement with the developer when he sees no progress in the project
    -The Hindu, bangalore

6. manjulapathy

I am discontinuing this thread as no body seems to be interested in new/interesting articles. Thanks to all the readers who visited this page
    manjula