1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Interracial marriage - How to convince his family?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Lucile9999, Jun 23, 2015.

1. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

OP,

Keep walking and dont look back is my advise to you.

You are a foreigner with no idea about the cultural dynamics involved here. Keeping this in mind many members here have given you amazing advice already in their own ways. I hope you noticed that their verdict has been unanimous also.

My question to you is when your lover himself is not ready to fight for this relationship, when he has already told you it is impossible, then why are you so adamant and unwilling to let go? If you have come here looking for perspectives which will change his firm 'no' into a 'yes' or a 'maybe' then you are not going find it here. Please ask yourself why you are unable or unwilling to accept his no as final.

1 person likes this.
  2. Lucile9999

Lucile9999 New IL'ite

The day I left India and saw him crying, I realised his love was true. Since then, both of our lives became pains and troubles.

Is the aim of hinduism to make people unhappy?

He has his hands and feet tied. Would it not be selfish to sacrifice his family for our love? Unfortunately, I have to suffer now because of his mistake.

3. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

The aim of Hinduism is to reach Godhead and to achieve love of God.

It does not have anything to do with your love life.

Better keep religion out of this.

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

One can't have the cake and eat it too. If he thinks it is selfish to "sacrifice" his family for his love, then there is a problem. It is obvious from what he says that he has to choose and it is evident who he is choosing.

You would suffer if you continued to pin your hopes on this man. The better option has already been placed before you. Am sure you would find a good person (despite everything, I am sure there are enough good people around) with whom you could build a good future. So cut your losses and move on.

All religions have their supply of fanatics who are not necessarily the true upholders of the religion or its principles. So let's not judge a book by its cover. This kind of problem (I don't mean honour killing but refusal to accept one's son/daughter marrying someone from another culture or country) could exist anywhere in the world.

2 people like this.