Internship opportunities - Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Soldier, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi my dear friends!

Remember my son in my earlier avtaar. He is presently doing MS in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering.

If any one is already in the same line of activity or has some acquaintance in this line - if some reference could be given of companies where internship opportunities are available, I would be highly thankful to you.

In US he has applied to 30 companies but so far no positive reply is forthcoming. He may need to do it during his hols after completing his second son. Once any reference is given, I can send his resume.

A couple of friends suggested that he can look out for opportunities in shipyards in Mumbai, Cochi, Chennai and Vizag.

Any help please?

2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Soldier,

Do post the same under the respective states & cities forums. More responses can be expected.

Is he coming down for the vacation or specifically to do the intern?

Anyways it will be a great occassion to be together. Enjoy.

Shall let you know, if I come across anything interesting.

3. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Thank u so much Nats.
    If he gets the chance to do it in India, he is planning to use his vacation.
    So oru kallula 2 maanga. If getting internship is difficult, he may not come in which case will be disappointed and Sudha will almost cry. She has been wanting to c him and enjoy his presence for a couple of months now. Without Harish, she does not want to come even one step out of chennai - even to places he has seen.

I shall try posting the thread under different states as suggested.

Thanks a ton.

4. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Soldier,

One more idea.

Contact the Indian Institute of Marine Technology situated between Velachery & Medavaakkam.

They could guide you and also probably he can look for an internship at the Institute itself.

Have a great time of being together. Have you got the Rudhraaksham for Sudha? If you didn't, then the brother will get it for her.

5. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Thanks once again Nats.
    Thank u for remembering abt the Rudhraksha!
    I got it on Mahashivrathri and she has already started wearing.
    I shall contact IIMT.

6. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi my dear friends!

Remember my son in my earlier avtaar. He is presently doing MS in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering.

If any one is already in the same line of activity or has some acquaintance in this line - if some reference could be given of companies where internship opportunities are available, I would be highly thankful to you.

In US he has applied to 30 companies but so far no positive reply is forthcoming. He may need to do it during his hols after completing his second son. Once any reference is given, I can send his resume.

A couple of friends suggested that he can look out for opportunities in shipyards in Mumbai, Cochi, Chennai and Vizag.

Any help please?

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mallika,

I have no clue about this, but if anything i caome across from friends i will definetly pass it on to you.

Regards

kamal

8. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mallika,

The House of Dempo is a big ship building corporation - I have heard of it. Google it. You can ask your son to write to them and ask if he can do a project / internship with them

Love,
    Usha