International Schools in Singapore

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by akalyaraju, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Happylucky

Happylucky New IL'ite

Hi!

This is to all who are facing a dilemma between local singapore schools and Indian International schools in Singapore. I would like to make life easier for you by saying, "choose international if you have plans to go back to India in 2-3 years, if not choose local schools!" Local education system of singapore is considered one of the BEST and your child has an opportunity to experience it. Go ahead! Do't think. And if your child is there from the beginning, there is no way he/she can't cope with it. And if YOU want to be lazy/selfish/scared with the pressures and not take any interest or waste your time in teaching your kids, then by all means put them in the Indian schools. Or better is dont even educate them. keep them at home so there will be no pressure at all!! My kids have been through both the systems and that is why this advice...... Its a global world and teach your kids to live globally!

2. ppba

ppba New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am Preeti,
    I think there is some confusion about that. All the teachers are trained and the ones who aare not are working as assistant teachers. The school curriculum is very good.

quote=sangeetha3;932986]have herd you are taking non trained teachers it's schocking. if the teachers are not trained how can we put our child in the school. i will recomment better you appoint trained teachers.

ya i have herd.

hi, i know fees is very less because they are taking untrained and non B.ed teachers. i would rather pay more and send my child to school where teachers are quallified and trained.[/quote]

3. Kamsan

Kamsan New IL'ite

Singapore American School

Hello everyone,

I'm an Indian mother of 2 kids in NJ, USA, planning to move to Singapore. I'm looking for a good American school in Sg for my kids. I found out about SAS in Woodlands being the prominent one in Sg.

Are there any parents of kids going to SAS here? If so, I would like to hear about their views and experiences of the school.

Thanks,
    Kam.

4. momofboys

momofboys New IL'ite

Hi
    Not many Indians send their children to these international schools because local schools also offer very good education.
    If you are really keen on sending your kids to any international school with international curriculum and dont mind the fees, you can consider Overseas family school too. The infrastructure, curriculum everything is very good and I have got good reviews from parents of children studying there. You can browse through their website for more details....
    hope this helps...

5. Kamsan

Kamsan New IL'ite

Hi momofboys,

Thanks for replying! As we are not local Singaporeans or PRs, so by phase 3 of admission process, we will not be able to get our kids admitted in good local public schools - so we don't have too many options left. Since our kids are used to the American school system, it will be easy transition for them in Sg.

Any views of SAS would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kam.

6. lalljoe

lalljoe New IL'ite

We are also relocating to SG from the US in June 2010 and exploring schooling options for my 2 kids age 9 and 6. It appears that we either have International schools that are very good (UWCSEA, SAS) but charge $20k or more, or the Indian international schools (GIIS, NPS, DPS) that charge around $10k but there are conflicting reports about quality of education. Are there any international schools that have more reasonable fees yet offer great education quality ?

7. Kamsan

Kamsan New IL'ite

Hi lalljoe,

We're also going there in June. Maybe we can compare notes and share our experiences in Sg.

I enrolled kids in SAS since it will be easier transition for kids from US. I checked out some international schools in Sg. For American born kids, options are limited to international schools that have English as the first language. And, they were all very expensive compared to local schools.

If you're going on an expat package, your company may help with school costs.

Thanks,
    Kam.

8. sreejaashok

sreejaashok New IL'ite

Dear Rashi ,
    Thanks for sharing ..
    We are planning to shift to Singapore from Mumbai soon .. My preliminary research also broadly suggests that the Local schools are better than the Indian schools...I have no direct contacts in singapore to check this out ...
    Would be grateful if you could name few good local schools from the research you have done ... And do they teach hindi as well ?.., (in future if we have to relocate to India ) ,

sree

9. aruna2010

aruna2010 New IL'ite

Hi

Please give me any comments about NPS international school to join my daughter.

10. Indikrish

Indikrish New IL'ite

Hi,we relocated fron mumbai to singapore. Due to some unavoidable reason we had to come to singapore and my daughter had to take a break in mid way.Now she got admission in local school. Here the acedamic system is totally different and I was not aware of the xpress, nc, and nt streams. I am looking out for Indian schools as i have plans to go back to India in near future. can any one suggest/guide me with indian schools wherein i can take admission.