International Schools in Singapore

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by akalyaraju, Sep 6, 2007.

1. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rashi,
    I also agree that opinions vary from person to person depending on their perceptions and expectations..esp in terms of school. Ultimately,its your experience and gut instinct that is the deciding factor.Since u r a teacher,you would definitely have a different insight in these things. I struggled a lot to decide (still not decided) about the school for my 3 year old. Have ruled out DPS..

2. Rashi19

Rashi19 New IL'ite

Hi,
    My personal opinion is that the local curriculum is very good comparitively to what our indian schools follow.The only drawback according to me is their slang used when they speak English.:spinI visited the new school in Jurong (Yuvabharathi) and was quite impressed with their visions which are very simple but strong.Fees is also very reasonable. Lets hope they do well.We are considering. Anybody knows about them or anyone who have got their kids enrolled in this school please help.

3. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

4. lesasue86

lesasue86 New IL'ite

Re: Hi

Are you serious, Delhi Public school is a very good one, i always liked it. In which locality is it in. My brothers used to study in it when they were young in India. . Wonderful school

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: Hi

Hi lesasue
    Hope you know that you are answering to discussion in the Singapore subforum:)

6. momofboys

momofboys New IL'ite

Rashi,

Would you mind sharing with us whether you had the opportunity to do a similar kind of survey with GIIS and NPS as well.... This would be really helpful to newcomers since all of them(including me) might not have the opportunity to have friends in Singapore who are willing to share about their childrens school ..... Being a teacher yourself, I really would appreciate your response and guide the ILites accordingly...

7. Rashi19

Rashi19 New IL'ite

I dont have a proper idea about GIIS except the discussions(which were of course not positive) I read in this forum. NPS has a very good name back home but they are too academic. But I heard they have changed here. Again I am not sure.Then their fees is too high. Being new to the place even I am totally confused.As I said earlier Yuvabharathi's visions look simple yet strong. But they are new so we can only wait and watch.Now I think I will follow my gutfeeling.:)
    Rashi

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  8. Rashi19

Rashi19 New IL'ite

Re: A new indian international school in Jurong

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  9. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

10. Rashi19

Rashi19 New IL'ite

Re: A new indian international school in Jurong

Hi Suja,

:thankyou2: a lot for the links. I could find out that they are a good name in the education field and quite reliable also. Only hope they do well.

Rashi