International schooling - Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Hyderabad' started by Nightingales, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Nightingales

Nightingales New IL'ite

Hi all,

We moved to India from the US last year. We moved to Hyderabad. Both my husband and i are new to this city. Our primary focus is is to give our daughter a good education and we found that unlike other cities in India, hyderabad has a lot of international schools. We were looking for good CBSE schools that have strong academics and focus om overall development. Either there are schools that focus only on academics or there are schools that are international type where the focus is on other activities and not academics. Im also confused by schools that have international in the name and offer CBSe syllabus. Follwoing are my questions:

1, If a kid studies in an international school in India witha CBSe syllabus will she be equipped well to take on an engineering , medical admission in India?

2. Why do schools have international in the name and offer CBSe education?

3. Some schools offer IGCSE syllabus?
    4. How good is Oakridge International school in these aspects.We feel that if we put her in Oakridge she will not be academically challenged. But DPS school does not have the enviornmet that we are looking for in a school. The above two schools are in Hyd.

Need inputs. thanks