1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

International Gem show

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by mummadisunitha, Sep 3, 2008.

1. mummadisunitha

mummadisunitha New IL'ite

Hi to all,
    Iam living in Phoenix,Arizona.I heared that on sep 26 to 28 international gem show is coming to phoenix.I want to know how it will be?anyone gone previous to gem shows like this?can we get real coral,rubys there?How much they costs?entery fee is $7.so can anyone give informaiton about these shows?
    Thank You All,
    Sunitha

2. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I have been to the one in San Mateo. you get a wide variety of pearls, corals, jade etc. most are quite reasonably priced. can visit once

3. narmee_r

narmee_r Senior IL'ite

hi sunitha,
    i too went to san mateo gem show. it is quite a worth to go. u can try once. u can find very cheap rate & good looking wrist watches there.

4. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  5. anooch

anooch Bronze IL'ite

6. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Hi Sunitha,

Just Google for free tickets gem show it will show may sites. it is worth going If you want to buy Corals, jades, pearls, Ruby strings and precious stones always buy precious stones from american's.

There are some Coral rose designed pendants they are worth buying.

-Vidya

7. m2san18

m2san18 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Can any one tell me which gems are worth to buy in this exhibition.
    Like CZ is it worth??

8. ushasriram

ushasriram New IL'ite

I have been to the San Mateo Gem Show once. It's really a great time to just stroll through all the displays. I wasn't prepared to buy so mine was just window shopping. But, to say which one is worth is all depends on how much you know about the stuff you really want plus the sellers. It would be very helpful if you go with someone who regularly buys stuffs from these sellers, also some gem-stone business people too go to these shows ..they have license to do business and have the previledge of entering into the high quality stuffs area in the same show..and here the stones are good quality at quite competitive wholesale prices..am not saying that the other sellers' quality are bad :) if I'd attend I'll buy whole-sale lots in semi-precious gemstones like amethyst, peridot, citrine, topaz in different shapes around 10-12 gems in each lots. so I can make a necklace set in future. also pearl, coral, jade, garnet, ruby,sapphire, emerald strands are good to buy here..it all depends on your budget too. also research online or gather info to know how much the market price is for what you are looking for..you can even bargain in some of these sellers :)

Good luck in gemstone hunting..they are so tempting..and awesome