INSPIRATIONAL STORIES...Moral of the day

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by deepthylakshmi, Jan 29, 2013.

1. deepthylakshmi

deepthylakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hello Friends,

I have started this thread to share some of the inspirational stories i read. These are really good (short and sweet) and makes me to understand that there is a real meaning for me to stay in this world.

Not everybody is perfect in everything. Everybody do mistakes and we have to learn from that. The best thing in life for us to be the best person is "we should not repeat the same mistake again".
    ==========================================================

Let me share one of the story i read yesterday.

A turn of the screw

There was an industrialist whose production line inexplicably breaks down, costing him millions per day. He finally tracks down an expert who takes out a screwdriver, turns one screw, and then - as the factory cranks back to life - presents a bill for £10,000.
    Affronted, the factory owner demands an itemised version. The expert is happy to oblige: "For turning a screw: £1. For knowing which screw to turn: £9,999." Author: Oliver Burkeman in "The Guardian Weekend", 13 August 2011
    ===========================================================

What do you infer from this?

7 people like this.

2. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

I infer it as having knowledge does not amount to anything but having expertise to apply that knowledge unlocks its value.........

3. SKMK

SKMK New IL'ite

good one thanks for sharing

4. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    i can conclude by reading this is - applying the knowledge in the proper place and at the right time is what essential.

Nice thoughts and thanks for sharing.

5. ayimo

ayimo Junior IL'ite

Thanks for the inspirational story..