1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inseparable!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Aug 12, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Vanaja relaxed just for a few minutes before getting up to cook her daughter's favourite dish. Just then the phone rang. She quickly went to attend it and was happy to find that it was her friend Sangeeta. She quickly talked for two minutes, while her husband Rangan was watching.

Vanaja was an expert in many things which include cooking, embroidery, singing Carnatic music, hindi and sanskrit and quite a few more traits. Rangan was not really appreciative of any of this and was definitely a msmatch with respect to her finer taste. She learned not to portray any of her special skills after a few bitter experiences.

Whats worse was that, he used every little opportunity to berate her when ever there was a chance. And he did not miss this too. "Ah! Your siamese twin! I wonder whats there to talk about so frequently and for long!", he said. After losing her parents, Sangeeta had been her only solace and talked once a week or so. She ended the call and said, "Yes we are!" and added:

"Like you and your lies!"

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

wah .. wah !!! What a slap RGS. Enjoyed a lot reading the ending.

3. rgsrinivasan

Very many thanks Pallavi, for your appreciation. Wanted to convey a lot in that last line, so took sometime. Glad that you noted it. Besides, she had reached her saturation point when he poked her on her only solace too. -rgs

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear RGS,

As the comment is intended to be derogatory, If I were Vanaja I won't use "Like you and your lies" as reference as neither of them are considered good. Why compare Vanaja and her friend to Rangan and his lies? Probably, it is intended to say that they are inseparable. However, Rangan got what he deserved and Vanaja's patience is running out. This is what is referred to as "Sadhu Mirandal Kadu Kolladu".

Viswa

5. rgsrinivasan

Thats just the point Viswa. Its more of an unexpected tit for tat to Rangan. A volcano that erupts after a thousand years of dormancy, gains a lot more interest all of a sudden. Isn't it? Thanks for your feedback. -rgs